De Bruyne?

I've just read this on the Guardian's Football Weekly Extra comments section:

Feindbild

It's been eye-opening to see how differently Kevin De Bruyne's situation is being presented in the German and English media, at least in The Guardian.

The reporting here has basically taken the tone that De Bruyne not only will go to Manchester City but that he wants to. As though it's a given that any player will always prefer to play in England over anywhere else. And that all a Premier League club needs to do is express an interest in him and the player will immediately "request a transfer."

My understanding from following developments in Germany is that De Bruyne is going nowhere this season. He and his agent have reached an agreement with business manager Klaus Allofs and coach Dieter Hecking that he'll stay one more season in Wolfsburg and then be permitted to move on; his market value isn't likely to drop much in only one season, even if he has an off-year or suffers injury. Whether or not he returns to England or (more likely) goes to Bayern or one of the Spanish giants remains to be seen. De Bruyne was twice frustrated at Chelsea but has thrived in the Bundesliga, where he was just voted Player of the Year. It's not at all clear that he even wants to return to England.

Most clubs would be crazy not to accept an offer of 50 million euros for a single player but Wolfsburg isn't most clubs. Backed generously by the VW Corporation, they have no real financial concerns. What they need more than money is respectability on the international stage. They reached the Champions League this season, after an absence of six years, and their chances of making a splash there are much greater with De Bruyne than without him.

Of course I could be wrong, but then so would be basically the entire German football media reporting on Wolfsburg and De Bruyne this summer.

Sounds pretty realistic and makes me think De Bruyne is no go. I don't care that much. Sterling gives us a new dimension and we should be looking to develop Roberts.

I've said it before, Mourinho questioned this guys hunger and he's sat in Germany happy to take whatever happens.

That's not the signs of a winner it's someone who just goes with the flow. When the going gets tough what is he really made of?????????

The way the price is going up you would think this guy has already won the Ballon Dor, people questioned Sterling and 2 years ago he had just as good a season as this guy had last year.

If he is so good, with hazard, komps etc. why are Belgian bang average. Walk away and look for players who really want it.

Awful.... Just awful...

I hope this was a joke

Feindbild

It's been eye-opening to see how differently Kevin De Bruyne's situation is being presented in the German and English media, at least in The Guardian.

The reporting here has basically taken the tone that De Bruyne not only will go to Manchester City but that he wants to. As though it's a given that any player will always prefer to play in England over anywhere else. And that all a Premier League club needs to do is express an interest in him and the player will immediately "request a transfer."

My understanding from following developments in Germany is that De Bruyne is going nowhere this season. He and his agent have reached an agreement with business manager Klaus Allofs and coach Dieter Hecking that he'll stay one more season in Wolfsburg and then be permitted to move on; his market value isn't likely to drop much in only one season, even if he has an off-year or suffers injury. Whether or not he returns to England or (more likely) goes to Bayern or one of the Spanish giants remains to be seen. De Bruyne was twice frustrated at Chelsea but has thrived in the Bundesliga, where he was just voted Player of the Year. It's not at all clear that he even wants to return to England.

Most clubs would be crazy not to accept an offer of 50 million euros for a single player but Wolfsburg isn't most clubs. Backed generously by the VW Corporation, they have no real financial concerns. What they need more than money is respectability on the international stage. They reached the Champions League this season, after an absence of six years, and their chances of making a splash there are much greater with De Bruyne than without him.

Of course I could be wrong, but then so would be basically the entire German football media reporting on Wolfsburg and De Bruyne this summer.

Sounds pretty realistic and makes me think De Bruyne is no go. I don't care that much. Sterling gives us a new dimension and we should be looking to develop Roberts.

Sounds like a load of shit to me.

You'll have to forgive me, but when someone comes along with half a dozen posts in 2 years, and starts with the negativity and what look like disguised digs about going far in the CL and transfer deals collapsing just like last time etc etc, the rag alarm bells start ringing. And I was not the only one to hear them.

As to me being a rag, several people on here have seen me at games. Anyone vouch for you?
I'm not being negative I'm being realistic. Last time I checked there is nothing in the site rules against that. Now, if you want to disagree with what I've said that's fine and I'll be happy to debate with you, but calling me a rag is just childish. I don't need people to vouch for me because you're the one who is making claims against me without evidence. FYI I live down south nowadays but try to get to a dozen games a season, though I suppose that's also frowned upon by the 'who's the biggest blue' brigade on here.

Awful.... Just awful...

I hope this was a joke

No it wasn't - give me your arguments to justify his massive fee etc. He's had one great year. I'm not saying I don't want him I'm questioning why he isn't doing his bit and seems happy to ro;; on with Wolfsburg who to be honest wont win a trophy in the next ten years, as we wouldn't have done before the takeover

Feindbild

That comment seems to have been made before Kicker admitted City and Wolfsburg were in talks and a deal could happen. Kicker's article hit the net (via their subscription edition) late last night and a German guy (@BL_Latest on Twitter) was kind enough to translate the key parts to me (and he said to me: 'WOB are ready to talk & seem to be in talks with Manchester City'). This was a 180 from Kicker who before had said De Bruyne had no interest in leaving Germany and would join Bayern in 2016.

GkXNBc5.jpg

Last edited:
I've said it before, Mourinho questioned this guys hunger and he's sat in Germany happy to take whatever happens.

That's not the signs of a winner it's someone who just goes with the flow. When the going gets tough what is he really made of?????????

The way the price is going up you would think this guy has already won the Ballon Dor, people questioned Sterling and 2 years ago he had just as good a season as this guy had last year.

If he is so good, with hazard, komps etc. why are Belgian bang average. Walk away and look for players who really want it.
Totally agree with that. Similar with Argentina. I'm assuming you are with me when I say sell aguero and bring in Eduardo Vargas. Least he has an international trophy!

http://www.theguardian.com/football...ne-wolfsburg-manchester-city-wont-force-move?

Apparently Transfer requests are not part of the culture in Germany, which would e

Goes with the flow? He he has nothing to prove. Notwithstanding, you have to give credit to Txiki as the guy can make a mess out of anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.