De Bruyne?

Here's an idea for next season.

After the season has finished and you do your season review, don't tell fans that we have identified our targets and business will be done early.
If you can't stick to what you say maybe you shouldn't open your mouth and be all cock and balls about it. The arrogance it shows is truly unreal, and it gets City fans frothing at the mouth.

This KDB saga and Pogba joke should've been done before now. If not move on. We have become a lot of teams bitches during this window and last seasons. It's a bit like city being the donkey with Wolfsburg on the back dangling the carrot.

Have city become that unprofessional in the transfer market that we can't even have time frames for our transfers to be complete.

You'd be less shocked if you were fingering your sister and found your dads wedding ring than this transfer going through by the end of the window.

Next season, how about we say nothing about time frames in the season review cos I'm sick of hearing the propaganda bullshit to sell season cards.

That is all, and can the mods not delete this one, cos I'm being serious.

CTID!
Or we could all grow a collective pair, not take ourselves so seriously and hopefully enjoy what can still be a very successful transfer window.

Why? KBD absolutely destroys Bayern every time his 'smaller club' plays them; Pogba is brilliant against pub teams like Chievo and Empoli. Wolfsburg would give Juve a run of their money in Serie A.

In what way does Pogba's potential eclipse De Bruyne's? The few games he's played in central midfield, KDB dictated the tempo of the game like a Modric/Verratti type, while Pogba's passing is average at best. He's more creative, scores more. More tactically versatile, more mobile.

In what games did De Bruyne control the tempo?

After the season has finished and you do your season review, don't tell fans that we have identified our targets and business will be done early.
If you can't stick to what you say maybe you shouldn't open your mouth and be all cock and balls about it. The arrogance it shows is truly unreal, and it gets City fans frothing at the mouth.

This KDB saga and Pogba joke should've been done before now. If not move on. We have become a lot of teams bitches during this window and last seasons. It's a bit like city being the donkey with Wolfsburg on the back dangling the carrot.

Have city become that unprofessional in the transfer market that we can't even have time frames for our transfers to be complete.

You'd be less shocked if you were fingering your sister and found your dads wedding ring than this transfer going through by the end of the window.

Next season, how about we say nothing about time frames in the season review cos I'm sick of hearing the propaganda bullshit to sell season cards.

CTID!
Wtf you didnt read the code
because its the middle of the night now...
pmsl time for bed ... back tommorow for more of the same punishment.

baffled by this "if he doesn't want to come then fuck him" mindset. he's made positive noises in the media (albeit vague to not piss people off) do we expect him to do all the work for us. we are the buying club ffs so lets actually try buying him. same goes for pogba, they will not beg to be rescued. top players require top dollar, time to lube up or move on

CTID!
Jesus Christ

I've just read this on the Guardian's Football Weekly Extra comments section:

Feindbild

It's been eye-opening to see how differently Kevin De Bruyne's situation is being presented in the German and English media, at least in The Guardian.

The reporting here has basically taken the tone that De Bruyne not only will go to Manchester City but that he wants to. As though it's a given that any player will always prefer to play in England over anywhere else. And that all a Premier League club needs to do is express an interest in him and the player will immediately "request a transfer."

My understanding from following developments in Germany is that De Bruyne is going nowhere this season. He and his agent have reached an agreement with business manager Klaus Allofs and coach Dieter Hecking that he'll stay one more season in Wolfsburg and then be permitted to move on; his market value isn't likely to drop much in only one season, even if he has an off-year or suffers injury. Whether or not he returns to England or (more likely) goes to Bayern or one of the Spanish giants remains to be seen. De Bruyne was twice frustrated at Chelsea but has thrived in the Bundesliga, where he was just voted Player of the Year. It's not at all clear that he even wants to return to England.

Most clubs would be crazy not to accept an offer of 50 million euros for a single player but Wolfsburg isn't most clubs. Backed generously by the VW Corporation, they have no real financial concerns. What they need more than money is respectability on the international stage. They reached the Champions League this season, after an absence of six years, and their chances of making a splash there are much greater with De Bruyne than without him.

Of course I could be wrong, but then so would be basically the entire German football media reporting on Wolfsburg and De Bruyne this summer.

Sounds pretty realistic and makes me think De Bruyne is no go. I don't care that much. Sterling gives us a new dimension and we should be looking to develop Roberts.

That is what I tried to tell you. That poster could do it better than me. But I think that nobody wants to listen. Transfer threads rarely are rational.

I do not see him going to Bayern next season - if he leaves the situation "big fish in small pond" he might go where he gets the most money and that will not be Bayern as that would totally kill the wage structure.

It could even be that a lot of the action of the last days was connected with Götze, too - as that was an open story until recently. Rummenigge did not really sound to be too much interested in him staying in Munich and I think that Wolfsburg would have let de Bruyne go if they would have gotten Götze for him. But I guess Götze and his agent weren't really interested in downgrading (but they did not get any good offers)...

That is what I tried to tell you. That poster could do it better than me. But I think that nobody wants to listen. Transfer threads rarely are rational.

I do not see him going to Bayern next season - if he leaves the situation "big fish in small pond" he might go where he gets the most money and that will not be Bayern as that would totally kill the wage structure.

It could even be that a lot of the action of the last days was connected with Götze, too - as that was an open story until recently. Rummenigge did not really sound to be too much interested in him staying in Munich and I think that Wolfsburg would have let de Bruyne go if they would have gotten Götze for him. But I guess Götze and his agent weren't really interested in downgrading (but they did not get any good offers)...

I'm not saying you are correct, Maldeika. And I am hoping you are not. But the bullishness on De Bruyne to City seems to come largely from ITKs. And the way events have played out thus far have not (so far) been consistent with their accounts/info. Who knows - maybe the ITKs were right but this indecisive ginger has had a change in heart. Can't control for that, and no one's fault in particular if that is what happened.

I would say if I were Wolfsburg I would SELL SELL SELL SELL right now. Needing the money or not, he's deffo gone at some point and why not capitalise on that absurd (and probably somewhat aberrant) statistical performance of last year as far as goals + assists.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.