De Bruyne?

I've posted this before elsewhere but I'll post it again. I think some blues understandably proud and passionate about our club tend to forget that the outside world and players in general just don't see our club as we do. We are in the north of England which in itself is nothing like as attractive to the average foreign player as London is, let alone Madrid or Barcelona. We have had recent success yes, but our successes are limited compared to the top clubs we are looking to overtake on the world stage. Our CL performances have been underwhelming. Our manager doesn't have any particular gravitas or special appeal.

The net net is that if a top player becomes available and other top clubs are interested (Bayern, Chelsea, Real, Barca, United...) then unless we bid MORE than those clubs and offer to pay MORE then 9 times out of 10 we will lose out.

This isn't us being mugged or treated like chumps - it's the plain unavoidable reality. Of course in time, things will change, but for now if we want to sign the top talent we are going to have to pay over the odds and trying to save a few million here and there is just going to mean us missing out again and again.

Look at the Sterling situation - yes we got him, but look at what we had to pay to make it happen, and that was with a player pretty desperate to leave. If Chelsea or United had come in with the same bid at the last moment, doubtless he would have gone there instead. We only got him because we paid over the odds.

The alternative is to buy b-list players and hope they become a-list. We can pull that off occasionally but again 9 times out of 10 they will stay b-list and we don't need backup players, we need to add top talent if we are to progress from where we are.

Bottom line, pay Wolfsburg what is needed and get it done.

KDB doesn't want to come. He's in his comfort zone at Wolfsburg, as the main man in a league which aside from maybe two teams is wholly inferior to the EPL. I don't understand the fascination with the player, when we could get Pedro for less than half. KDB has been described by most neutrals, as being two things, slow and not as good as Hazard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.