De Bruyne?

Walk away and move onto plan B. Giving plan B ample time to gel and integrate into the team. Also if that is the case I would be very disappointed if we have only just leant this with 2 weeks of the window remaining
What we always knew was that Wolfsburg didn't really want to sell, what we have just learnt is that De Bruyne isn't going to help us by pushing for a move.

Aye he will be judged at the end of the window but its disappointing the way we have gone about things this summer IMO, with the shackles off

The shackles aren't off, at all. The penalties are no longer in place, but ffp is, which means there is a limit on how much we can spend on both transfers & wages.

Somehow, a percentage of people on here seem to know that we can spend whatever we want. I have no idea how they have found out this information, because I try to keep myself informed on this kind of thing & I don't have a fucking clue about it.

All I do know is that the shackles are most definitely not off, at all.

His agent is annoying. Doesn't want to upset either party. Sky reporting De Bruyne is staying on the basis his agent says if a bid isn't accepted then he will remain as he won't put a request in.

bit of a perfect storm this - needs someone (probably city) to break cover here and force it one way or the other

His agent is annoying. Doesn't want to upset either party. Sky reporting De Bruyne is staying on the basis his agent says if a bid isn't accepted then he will remain as he won't put a request in.

Perhaps that is the mental flaw moan a lot was on about? Instead of quibbling about 5 million Euro's either way just trigger the release clause and see what happens then.

The shackles aren't off, at all. The penalties are no longer in place, but ffp is, which means there is a limit on how much we can spend on both transfers & wages.

Somehow, a percentage of people on here seem to know that we can spend whatever we want. I have no idea how they have found out this information, because I try to keep myself informed on this kind of thing & I don't have a fucking clue about it.

All I do know is that the shackles are most definitely not off, at all.
Even if the shackles were of I don't think we would just be throwing stupid amounts at people anymore.

I have mixed feelings on this Dave. We are of course eternally grateful for what our owner has done for our club,i for one thought i would die without ever seeing us win a trophy again and probably would have done so without his investment.

We are however, by all accounts, the richest club in the world. We were stalled in our progress by FFP but 'reportedly' had up to 200 million to spend this transfer window and so far have spent around 65 million of it. We have fucked about in past transfer windows and lost players like Hazard because of it.Now if someone thinks De Bruyne will improve our team and the going rate is 50 million i say stop fucking about and get it done! The alternative is he spends another year at his club and then gets snapped up by one of our rivals.

I know this may seem a little impatient but we ARE owned by someone worth an estimated 500 billion and a lot of us,yourself included,have had to put up with 35 years of watching substandard shite and having our noses rubbed into it too. If we want to be the biggest and best club in the world we have to pay top dollar and get the best players here before Real,Barca and Bayern do just that as nine times out of ten we will lose out to these clubs anyway if they are in for the same player.
Great post!!

If we lose this kid for £3 million we will be very foolish indeed......... the Hazard debacle can't surely be repeated here

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.