De Bruyne?

I'm getting the feeling clubs are taking the piss with City and demanding top whack for their players. It's not as if we have any competition from other clubs to sign him.

With that price tag, I hope that if / when we do sign him he hits the ground running, because if he has a quiet start in a city shirt he will have a lot of pressure on his back and the media will slaughter him. Especially with the hotspot they've got for mourinho
The competition comes from the fact that Wolfsburg would quite like to keep him if they could.
In fact, this has been the complicating factor in both the Pogba and De Bruyne transfer sagas. Both players were quite settled in their respective clubs and both have a few years left on their contracts, and I,m sure if they should decide to stay at their present clubs than they would both be offered better terms by their clubs. So I can understand what our negotiators are up against. The only way a transfer ever gets done is if a) the player wants out, ala Sterling, b) the selling club want rid, c) the buying club make an out of this world offer that the selling club can't refuse d) the selling club are desperate for the cash. None of these factors seem to be in play here, hence the stalemate. The fact that our bid, if there has been one, hasn't been rejected out of had makes me hopeful and I don't know if this is going to done or not but if it is I suspect it will be for a larger fee than we originally anticipated.

I don't understand why there is such panic on this thread about the deal. Deals of this size are extremely complex and always take a long time to complete or even get close to completion. If KDB doesn't arrive, i am sure we have other suitable targets.

normally wholeheartedly agree with you on every subject but your blind faith in txiki I just cannot understand. Understand that its not as easy as people make out but surely we should be more slick in the market, he seems to be stumbling from problem to problem whilst we get mugged off in public. Sterling- he did a good job on albeit paying liverpools asking price

We've not been mugged off in public once this transfer window - maybe you could make an exception for Delph but i don't think anyone has given a shit about what he did after 1 week. The media are all saying we're in for de bruyne and he should sign soon, they said we'd cooled interest in Pogba. Not that we'd been snubbed at every attempt of signing a player. Judge Txiki at the end of the window, for now it looks likely he's going to get 2/3 of his top targets, bare in mind the one we could miss out on is a future balon d'or winner and would cost over 100m.

normally wholeheartedly agree with you on every subject but your blind faith in txiki I just cannot understand. Understand that its not as easy as people make out but surely we should be more slick in the market, he seems to be stumbling from problem to problem whilst we get mugged off in public. Sterling- he did a good job on albeit paying liverpools asking price
Just how do you get someone who isn't bothered enough to twist his clubs arm, from a club that isn't really fussed about selling that particular player, short of kidnapping him.

Just how do you get someone who isn't bothered enough to twist his clubs arm, from a club that isn't really fussed about selling that particular player, short of kidnapping him.

Walk away and move onto plan B. Giving plan B ample time to gel and integrate into the team. Also if that is the case I would be very disappointed if we have only just leant this with 2 weeks of the window remaining

We've not been mugged off in public once this transfer window - maybe you could make an exception for Delph but i don't think anyone has given a shit about what he did after 1 week. The media are all saying we're in for de bruyne and he should sign soon, they said we'd cooled interest in Pogba. Not that we'd been snubbed at every attempt of signing a player. Judge Txiki at the end of the window, for now it looks likely he's going to get 2/3 of his top targets, bare in mind the one we could miss out on is a future balon d'or winner and would cost over 100m.

Not to mention we haven't really lost Pogba. We may well not get him in this window, but we will try again next year. There'll be more competition I'm sure, but all our work this summer should put us in a great position. Plus maybe he'll see Sterling, Silva, Sergio and De Bruyne tearing the league apart and fancy in on the action. We'd definitely be in a better place if we could manage to win the league or break into the later stages of the CL.

Aye he will be judged at the end of the window but its disappointing the way we have gone about things this summer IMO, with the shackles off

Walk away and move onto plan B. Giving plan B ample time to gel and integrate into the team. Also if that is the case I would be very disappointed if we have only just leant this with 2 weeks of the window remaining

No. no, no no.

We only need world class players who will take us to t he next level. Plan B would be some lesser player who doesn't improve us. We'd spend 30m and be left with a small upgrade on Navas. Or we could hold our nerve, maybe cough up a bit more and get a player who would walk into the calibre of team we want to compete with.

We should only be buying players who clubs are desperate to keep hold of, because if they give them up easily, they aren't worth the money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.