De Bruyne?

It's certainly a strange old transfer. A club that doesn't want or need to sell, a player that wants to come but not enough to engineer a move and a club with all the money but who cannot afford to be seen as complete mugs.

Any outcome is possible but hopefully one that ends up with us having a great new player.

David Anderson ‏@MirrorAnderson 2m2 minutes ago
Pedro is City's fall-back option if they can't get Kevin De Bruyne. Wolfsburg have still to reply to their £47m bid.

David Anderson ‏@MirrorAnderson 53s53 seconds ago
City will keep pursuing for De Bruyne, but will switch back to Pedro if they feel it is not going to happen.

David Anderson ‏@MirrorAnderson 20s20 seconds ago
De Bruyne does not look like he will agitate for the move, so City must decide if they will offer over £50m.

KdB is worth £50m. To miss out of KdB over a dispute of around £3m is absurd! I like Pedro. He's a hard worker and he would be an improvement over Navas. But he's not near the level of KdB, not to mention Pedro is 4 years old and has peaked. KdB is still improving.

I am more excited for KdB than Sterling. I truly believe KdB will have a bigger impact on matches.

I don't particularly understand what is being reported. Wolfsburg want over 50m but haven't rejected a bid of 47m? Can someone smarter than me explain what may be happening?
Ze Germans are playing silly buggers by the sounds of things

Our 3 main transfer targets were obvious to the world from the start of the transfer window - I don't know if they were leaked or if it was really that obvious but this is why we're struggling with fees. Wolfsburg know that KDB is our big target now that Pogba doesn't look likely and that if we fail to sign him our transfer window would likely be seen as a bit of a failure. They have no qualms about waiting until the end of the month to see us panic.

KdB is worth £50m. To miss out of KdB over a dispute of around £3m is absurd! I like Pedro. He's a hard worker and he would be an improvement over Navas. But he's not near the level of KdB, not to mention Pedro is 4 years old and has peaked. KdB is still improving.

I am more excited for KdB than Sterling. I truly believe KdB will have a bigger impact on matches.
Pedro is ridiculously good for a 4 year old.

I don't think it has anything to do with £3m. I just think we've left it too late for Wolfsburg to bring in a more than adequate replacement. KDB is far & away their best player, losing him would be curtains for their season.

I think we'll get him for a lower fee next summer.

Who says they will settle for £50 mill? Is there a buyout clause? If so, yes. Pay it. If not they can sit there saying nothing official, while the deadline looms and we either walk away or fork over an outrageous sum.

I'd hate to see us paying £60 mill plus. That's just taking the piss and declaring a perpetual open season on taking the piss.

I don't think it has anything to do with £3m. I just think we've left it too late for Wolfsburg to bring in a more than adequate replacement. KDB is far & away their best player, losing him would be curtains for their season.

I think we'll get him for a lower fee next summer.

Wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.