De Bruyne?

Nothing unprofessional about it. They are playing their own hand and doing it pretty well. It's annoying as shit but this is business not sport.

If its "business not sport" then it is indeed hugely unprofessional.

100% agree... although I think landing him would be harder than both De Bruyne and Pedro combined.
I'm with you on that. Pedro is a great player and at least we know what the price is. A step or two up from Navas if Reus and DB aren't possible.

I want DB but not at any price. What I don't want is for us to get to the last day of the window and then have to throw lunatic money at a secondary target because we're over a barrel at that point. Like what Everton did to the Rags over the Belgian Bog Brush.

I think people are underestimating Pedro. To be honest I think he was always underestimated under Guardiola, with the focus always on Messi and Villa, now Messi and Neymar.

He's not been in the best form recently, but remember this is they guy who benched Alexis Sanchez for so long he left Barcelona. If he gets a regular run in a team he will be right up there. I definitely don't want to see the rags get hold of him.

Totally agree with you. Pedro is an excellent player and has a brilliant goal to game ratio for Barcelona. He's not as prolific as Neymar and Messi but he is a very good finisher. He's scored in the CL final (against the scum, good on him) and in two Super Cup finals in ET so he's a big game player. Has won all there is to and would therefore be a brilliant asset to the side. I would be more than happy to sign him, the only benefit to De Bruyne instead is his age and future potential. If we could sign them both and offload someone that would be unbelievable. If it's only one then I'd be happy with either if I'm honest, but De Bruyne gives us longevity. If the rags signed Pedro then they have a much better attacking unit.

Pedro would win us a lot of games.

If its "business not sport" then it is indeed hugely unprofessional.

Nope. Business is about getting your own way and making the most money. They don't want to sell him and he doesn't want to ask for a transfer. The best thing they can do is not reply to the bid. If we don't make another bid, they win. If we keep coming back with more and more money they win.

Fairness, good manners etc. None of that matters in business.

I reckon he's a journalist.
A journo and a Rag now I'm going well here. Neither so sorry to disappoint, a City fan who lives in Perth, Australia and gets up all hours of the night to watch us play. Was asking if there was any news going around in England about the De Bruyne transfer saga I spose you'd call it as twitter and football websites are doing my head in so thought I'd ask here.

You would think so or maybe put in a counter offer, but they seem to favour the old head in the sand route and pretend nothing is happening

Only if they want to sell him, which they don't seem to want to. So long as the player refuses to manufacture a transfer saying and doing nothing is the best tactic for them to take.

I don't like it any more than you do but even if they wanted the money their best bet is to string us along until the looming deadline and then say £85 mill and he's yours. Then settle at 75 or so.

I hate how transfers with us are done now but clubs become real hard nosed bastards.

Being hard nosed really paid off for Spurs with Bale.

Just been thinking (...dangerous I know!)

Would Chelsea have enough of a hold over Wolfsburg to request the delay of the transfer until after the deadline for Sunday? They're not in the process of loaning anyone to Wolfsburg are they?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.