De Bruyne?

It is if that's how they see it. Unfortunately they hold all the cards unless the player takes action. The club probably have £70-80 million in mind, remembering they don't really want to sell at all. Look at the stupid money Spurs got for Bale by being arseholes.
yea not a ton we can do when the player doesn't wanna force the move and the club don't need to sell...

yea not a ton we can do when the player doesn't wanna force the move and the club don't need to sell...

Well you could offer stupid money.

But FFP will see to that.

There will be a point we stop for whatever reason.

Maybe we have reached that point?

I'll humour you,,, his agent (Father) wanted £6 million I believe

Was it a mistake not to pay that? we'll never know but with Hazard in our team, do you think we'd have won the league last year? If so then the £6 million would have been a good investment

Right?

You then fall in to a trap where every agent expects us to roll over, including those who represent our current players when it comes to renewal of contracts.
We can't just pay an extra £3m because it's "not our money" as an example. I guarantee everyone will moan again next year if we bought Pogba & De Bruyne but instead of paying £120m combined we paid £150m combined, when season ticket prices are increased £100 a seat! We may not pay directly, but will do at some point indirectly as fans.
As such we should & it seems will, set out a max figure & won't be bullied into going over that. If you went to buy a car that you felt was valued at £4,000 but the guy said "nah I want £5,000" would you just pay it? No you'd offer £4,500 no? But he says, "it's worth what I say & you'll pay the £5,000" then what? Do you just pay the £1000 more than you value it at or look for a better deal? Crude example but same situation & the club do have to justify their spending under FFP.
The Sheikh isn't the businessman he is with the portfolio he has by just thinking "fuck it, it's only a few million more" as for Hazard & Isco, yes in my opinion we did the right thing to walk away, no doubt both would of improved us but at what cost to the fans?
Just my tuppence.

Last edited:
I'll humour you,,, his agent (Father) wanted £6 million I believe

Was it a mistake not to pay that? we'll never know but with Hazard in our team, do you think we'd have won the league last year? If so then the £6 million would have been a good investment

Right?

We won it the year before without him. Was that a better investment ?

We won't win it every year, with DeBruyne, Pogba whoever. We will win it sometimes. We are doing fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.