De Bruyne?

I'll be more surprised if we don't sign De Bruyne than if we don't sign Sterling.

Wolfsburg is a good team and club but I can only see a sense of loyalty keeping him there. Unless you're German, I see no other reason for a player to play in the Bundesliga over the PL, if you're not playing for Bayern. This is even more true for KDB because there's no way he will not want to take the title away from Chelsea and Mourinho, esp. after such a good season (his confidence must be sky high) and joining City is the best chance of that. And if he doesn't join us this summer he may never get the chance again as we won't wait around, we will look to Isco/Robben/Reus/Bale instead.
We also have a better chance in the CL than Wolfsburg and we can match or surpass (tho I don't see the need to) any wages they offer

So many reasons to choose us over staying at Wolfsburg. We'd offer more money, more likelihood of winning trophies, better league, chance to get one over on mourinho and the fact he'd be close to kompany, denayer, fellaini, Lukaku and possibly benteke if he moves to liverpool.

hopefully he will always understand that hes always going to be playing for second place in his domestic league if he stays?
Not necessarily true. Bayern are almost as much in need of an overhaul in the coming years if not immediately as we are. They've got some very injury prone players (badstruber, thiago, schweini, javi martinez who has been absent so long in the Pep era I doubt anyone remembers his record signing) aging players with no real proven replacement on deck (lahm, schweini, robben ribery) and they have one, solitary center forward in Lewa, and Muller who everyone loves dearly but never fills a specific role competently.

In fact their future is a lot less certain than Cities if you ask me, all they need is a real domestic challenger to rise up and Wolfsburg could easily do that.

Pep could leave Bayern in shambles a year from now, needing to buy a new squad like between 2008-10

I'm trying to remain extremely positive over our supposed top targets, but wouldn't be at all surprised if we signed Unal, Roberts and Delph instead. Just need that first big one to get the ball rolling.

Its from Tribal so may not be true but interesting non the less.

Man City "in contact" as De Bruyne threatens Wolfsburg sponsor BLOW-UP!
by Tribal Football Staffan hour ago< 500 READS
SHARE THE LOVE

VfL Wolfsburg's plans to upgrade Kevin de Bruyne's contract could be scuppered by sponsors.

De Bruyne remains on the shopping lists this summer of Manchester City, PSG and Bayern Munich.

Wolfsburg chief Klaus Allofs has hopes of securing De Bruyne's commitment by tying him to a new, improved deal.

However, plans to up his salary from €5 million to €8.5 million could be blocked by sponsors Volkswagen, says BILD.

A shareholder of the auto giants complained in May about their commitment to VfL and the club's big spending. News of a massive pay-rise for De Bruyne could create further problems for Volkswagen with their shareholders.

Belgian sources, meanwhile, say City and De Bruyne's camp have had "informal contact" over the past fortnight.

- See more at: https://www.tribalfootball.com/arti...-sponsor-blow-up-4083135#sthash.gkztuYq4.dpuf

So many reasons to choose us over staying at Wolfsburg. We'd offer more money, more likelihood of winning trophies, better league, chance to get one over on mourinho and the fact he'd be close to kompany, denayer, fellaini, Lukaku and possibly benteke if he moves to liverpool.
Logical I'd say problem is that things do not always go according to logic. Reus choosing to stick to Dortmund even when he had the opportunity to walk in to any top club is a case in point. I'm not pissing on your parade.

Logical I'd say problem is that things do not always go according to logic. Reus choosing to stick to Dortmund even when he had the opportunity to walk in to any top club is a case in point. I'm not pissing on your parade.

I don't think it's a coincidence that many who were thought to be leaving, stayed after Klopp left. justsaying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.