De Bruyne?

No idea mate.

Hopefully it'll be soon. Dou you reckon we'll be done after kdb?

Or Could there be a Jim white surprise on the last day. "Wow hold on to your hats people, you may have to sit down for this, we're getting reports that Manchester city have agreed a 150 million fee with Barcelona over the sale of Lionel messi."

For example. :)

So you think further damage to City's image worldwide is not significant? Short term view that IMO, people go on about this transfer window for years if we pay daft money for both players.

Our world wide image is significantly improving by the year. Bringing in world class players and progressing further into the champions league and winning more trophies will not make us look bad, it will do quite the opposite.

Like I said though why are we ok with this? Oh he wants his bonuses so we have to pay over the odds again... listen either he wants to come her or not, he'll get a better contract here, better all around football life. He SHOULD have put the transfer request in if he does want to come, no excuses.

Well hazarding a guess, to get your targets you sell the club as an employer to them. And if you start bawling 'you pay the fucking thing' then top players change their minds because you look an idiot.

None of us were party to what was agreed with the player back in spring, but I would assume that the way City are going about their business these days we are acting in a decent and fair manner to the guy and his agent, and honouring promises.

If I were to guess, we did a deal
On his personal terms months ago. A condition of it was that he talked to nobody else. Part of that will be that he didn't lose his bonuses, so City will be cooing in his agents ear, telling him to sit tight and wait for a deal to be done, as was agreed months ago.

Note the only party who wouldn't have been involved would be Wolfsburg who are just holding out for as much cash as they can, whilst we try to pay as little as we can. It's how business works.

I'm sure a deal will be done and I'm excited that he's the missing link. No more relying on Navas and Nasri.

That seems very much like taking the piss where I come from.

It also appears that it's now a recurring theme for any club we buy from are to behave like absolute twats.

I say that because, if 47 million was their indication, and we bid it, then moving it to 57 is very much cuntish, whether he's their star player or not

Very much the case mate

11259290_1506837862874464_1193627177_n.jpg

Hopefully it'll be soon. Dou you reckon we'll be done after kdb?

Or Could there be a Jim white surprise on the last day. "Wow hold on to your hats people, you may have to sit down for this, we're getting reports that Manchester city have agreed a 150 million fee with Barcelona over the sale of Lionel messi."

For example. :)

I think it'll just be De Bruyne personally.

Was told that our offer to him was going to be scaled back to accommodate Wolfsburgs demands. Not sure if that meant in terms of wages or signing on fee.

No doubt there will be a decent signing on fee. Given his basic salary on top of this I can't understand the idea of him not having the willingness to give up his loyalty bonus. If that is indeed the case.

But then I'm a pauper, so my understanding will naturally be limited.

Either way it's a little tiring. Wolfsburg have a player on their hands who doesn't want to be there. Just like Sterling.

At least with the scousers we had an indication of the price, Wolfsburg plainly don't want to sell. If they're willing to piss us around over 10 million then what happens when we bid the 57 or whatever it is, do they ask for 67?

All along I've sustained that this has to come down to De Bruyne so just fuck the loyalty bonus and hand in a transfer request.

Yeah well I don't care how long you've been around because so have I.

But that doesn't mean I'm going to demand more money from our owner, which is what you are doing. And if that ever becomes the norm for City fans, then I'll leave you all to it.

Luckily I think it's only a small percentage who have that attitude, but it's normally recent fans who talk like that, not long term blues.

I am demanding nothing and where we are and what we have won in the last few years was and is beyond my wildest dreams prior to the takeover.These days we are not the club who signed players like Corradi [shivers] but a major player that probably only the glamour and that dreaded word, history, of Real,Barca and Bayern will maybe pip us to signing top players these days.

When we were shit and in debt don't tell me one Blue didn't look at the rags,the dippers,Arsenal and Chelsea with envious eyes and wish it was us competing and winning things,not one.Sure we could claim we were loyal and sing ''34 years and we're still here!'' which was something to be proud of,but i would still rather be where we are now.

Expectation in football as in life rises when your circumstances change.Ten years ago we would have been happy with Charlie Adams and Peter Crouch now we have Aguero and are talking about buying Pogba and De Bruyne.The expectation this transfer window has been fuelled by the chairman saying we were in the market for some top,top players and the rumour that we were going to spend up to 150 million.That my friend is a fact of life,like it or not.

The sense of entitlement some speak about isn't new,it was there in the days when we were shit and used to fight one another when we got beat by what we perceived to be a lesser side than us, because we were ''Manchester City'', forgetting we might have been a top club in the past but our first eleven on the pitch was now sub standard.

Now the more success we have and the better players we sign and produce is only going to raise the bar even higher,rightly so.If we stand still we fail,as we did after our first title win when we had a chance to crack on and dominate for years but slipped behind again due to signing sub standard players.

There are plenty of people on here,a lot long term Blues who say the same,we have to lose this ''Little City'' mentality and we do.I still get nervous when we are 2-0 up and coasting a game with 5 minutes to go such was our practise of throwing games away we had sewn up so many times in the past,you can't erase those memories.

As us older Blues die and are replaced by fans who never knew these hard times i am afraid we will probably become more like the rags and the other clubs we used to mock and hate.We already have the day trippers at the champions league and top premier league games and that will only increase if we remain successful.I hope it doesn't happen and we retain our unique sense of dark humour but that was forged through adversity not success i am afraid.

These are exciting times,nobody is becoming too demanding or getting big headed but our expectations now are higher than they were and rightly so.

It looks like Wolfsburg will reject anything that's not £56m-£57m. Just like what Liverpool did until we actually met their 'valuation'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.