De Bruyne?

You are speculating when you say:

"we used the dark arts, that's why we were the only team bidding as I stated"

And:

"there was never a "take it or leave it bid""

There is absolutely no way you can be certain of that unless you took part in the negotiations themselves, and thus - speculation.

Unless of course you are claiming inside info? In which case, how solid is it?

Re Liverpool not wanting to look a soft touch, that's something we can all agree on. They were determined not to allow that to happen, more than likely why all the bids were publicised and with briefings to the press.

But surely we also have to be wary of not looking like a soft touch, as a buyer?

This is my point. Do you not think our negotiations for Sterling could have had a detrimental effect on our negotiations for De Bruyne?

To many outside observers we looked a soft touch. I speculate that as a result we could have made our life more difficult with reaching a deal with Wolfsburg.

And please qualify anything you respond with as speculation/gossip/or off solid inside info.

Cheers.
The bits I've said aren't speculation are as solid as solid can be. Whilst I can't say who @squirtyflower and @Damocles can vouch at any rate.

I genuinely (and this is speculation again) don't think City think they are seen as a soft touch over Sterling. 12 months ago, no club thought they had a chance at getting him, he's not just for this season and it's not just signing a good player. It was about buying one of the best young players in Europe, who is home grown, who can stay at the club for ten years. (Back to non speculation) city are over the moon we got him. City feel that Wolfsburg have moved the goal posts over KDB, but as I say, I am still very confident that we will reach an agreement. Wolfsburg genuinely didn't think KDB would want to leave this season, especially to City.

Right, what the fuck is going on, or are you lot just having a ding dong because there's fuck all news about Harry?

RDOG is worried to death about us appearing to be a soft touch in the transfer market.

He doesn't want us to pay too much but doesn't want us to walk away and at the same time wants us complete these deals yesterday.

He agrees that it's all speculation and supposition but his supposition is based on evidence as he sees it.

Personally think the Sterling transfer was negotiated so that both City and Liverpool didn't look like "soft touches". Liverpool said they would not sell for less than £50m. They sold at £44m + £5m add ons. Reported by all and sundry as £49m which is near as dammit £50m.

City got a player that is potentially world class for below the £50m asking price and will only pay close to the asking price if both the player and the club are successful.

RDOG is worried to death about us appearing to be a soft touch in the transfer market.

He doesn't want us to pay too much but doesn't want us to walk away and at the same time wants us complete these deals yesterday.

He agrees that it's all speculation and suppostion but his supposition is based on evidence as he sees it.
giphy.gif

You are speculating when you say:

"we used the dark arts, that's why we were the only team bidding as I stated"

And:

"there was never a "take it or leave it bid""

There is absolutely no way you can be certain of that unless you took part in the negotiations themselves, and thus - speculation.

Unless of course you are claiming inside info? In which case, how solid is it?

Re Liverpool not wanting to look a soft touch, that's something we can all agree on. They were determined not to allow that to happen, more than likely why all the bids were publicised and with briefings to the press.

But surely we also have to be wary of not looking like a soft touch, as a buyer?

This is my point. Do you not think our negotiations for Sterling could have had a detrimental effect on our negotiations for De Bruyne?

To many outside observers we looked a soft touch. I speculate that as a result we could have made our life more difficult with reaching a deal with Wolfsburg.

And please qualify anything you respond with as speculation/gossip/or off solid inside info.

Cheers.

You've just demonstrated the accuracy of your name

I'm still puzzled some blues consider signing Sterling for 50m as impressive or an achievement on Txiki's part. We overpaid by at least 10m and I've never seen a club negotiate so poorly when we held all the cards. Wolfsburg know we will pay whatever they ask up to around 55m (if they promise to keep quiet about the fee).

All those flapping blues who kept saying about the Sterling deal "What's another 5m' are missing the bigger picture. Our terrible negotiating stance with Liverpool has likely cost us 20m for the two deals combined. I have no idea what our Spanish directors do in terms of negotiating with clubs but based on the Dzeko fee alone, I'd suggest it's a pretty terrible job - shame we can't nick Daniel Levy.

Before everyone labels me a moaning c***, I do actually think Sterling and DeBruyne are the right players to target this summer, I just think the negotiations have been akin to transfers just after the takeover.

I'm still puzzled some blues consider signing Sterling for 50m as impressive or an achievement on Txiki's part. We overpaid by at least 10m and I've never seen a club negotiate so poorly when we held all the cards. Wolfsburg know we will pay whatever they ask up to around 55m (if they promise to keep quiet about the fee).

All those flapping blues who kept saying about the Sterling deal "What's another 5m' are missing the bigger picture. Our terrible negotiating stance with Liverpool has likely cost us 20m for the two deals combined. I have no idea what our Spanish directors do in terms of negotiating with clubs but based on the Dzeko fee alone, I'd suggest it's a pretty terrible job - shame we can't nick Daniel Levy.

Before everyone labels me a moaning c***, I do actually think Sterling and DeBruyne are the right players to target this summer, I just think the negotiations have been akin to transfers just after the takeover.
The clubs didn't want to sell.

Name me one world class or potentially world class player Levy has signed.

Remind me what Tottenham have won under Levy.

We have paid £44m to date for sterling. So by your reckoning £4m too much. Not that bad is it.

If 57 million is the price tag, I might be in the minority here, but I belive City should bow out. :( you need a 2 to 3 year production to be worth that much. Fantastic player, and perhaps could become WC if he isn't already on last year's performance. I know it's not my money, but some prices just seem wrong. 57 million pounds? no!

Chech all the threads from before the Summer or even beginning of the summer, no one had DeBryune penciled down for anything over 35 million. This will be 20 million above that. Sorry, we need to do better. Too rich for my palette :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.