De Bruyne?

Negotiate+to+win+book.jpg

I'm not speculating I don't think.

And whilst you may think we over paid, I would (and this IS where I am speculating) suggest that City got Sterling for less than they thought they might.

(Back to non speculating) when City first enquires about Sterling, we were told he was not for sale at any price in December last year (Pellegrini possibly went off the hymn sheet with his "Sterling would cost £100m" quote), and that's where Txiki did his work. For Liverpool, it wasn't just about money, but about not wanting to look like soft touch selling club to local rival (in theirs and their fans eyes).

You are speculating when you say:

"we used the dark arts, that's why we were the only team bidding as I stated"

And:

"there was never a "take it or leave it bid""

There is absolutely no way you can be certain of that unless you took part in the negotiations themselves, and thus - speculation.

Unless of course you are claiming inside info? In which case, how solid is it?

Re Liverpool not wanting to look a soft touch, that's something we can all agree on. They were determined not to allow that to happen, more than likely why all the bids were publicised and with briefings to the press.

But surely we also have to be wary of not looking like a soft touch, as a buyer?

This is my point. Do you not think our negotiations for Sterling could have had a detrimental effect on our negotiations for De Bruyne?

To many outside observers we looked a soft touch. I speculate that as a result we could have made our life more difficult with reaching a deal with Wolfsburg.

And please qualify anything you respond with as speculation/gossip/or off solid inside info.

Cheers.

Whilst Wolfsburg have said they do not want to sell De Brunye this summer, they have all but admitted he sees himself at a higher level.

Weighing up all the options it is probably in thier best interests to sell him to us for around £50 million than next season. I say this based on a number of reasons.

Firstly, if Bayern want him next season and turn his head, they will get him for nowhere near the money we are offering them now. It's typical Bayern to tap up the player and let him run his contract down and get him for a reduced value.

Secondly, losing their star player would undoubtedly hurt them, but strengthening their rival at the same time would set them back years. Add to the fact Dortmund will be more settled next season. It makes sense to take the money now and reinvest it carefully.

All this talk about them wanting to keep him and challenge in the CL this season is nonsense aswell. No team will risk £50 million on the off chance of CL progression. They could keep KDB and get a group of death and lose millions. Or they could sell and get a piss easy group and have enough money to build something special.

They know selling him abroad gets them more money and doesn't harm them domestically. Hence why we are prepared to play hardball. And at the end of the day it is all about money.

You are speculating when you say:

"we used the dark arts, that's why we were the only team bidding as I stated"

And:

"there was never a "take it or leave it bid""

There is absolutely no way you can be certain of that unless you took part in the negotiations themselves, and thus - speculation.

Unless of course you are claiming inside info? In which case, how solid is it?

Re Liverpool not wanting to look a soft touch, that's something we can all agree on. They were determined not to allow that to happen, more than likely why all the bids were publicised and with briefings to the press.

But surely we also have to be wary of not looking like a soft touch, as a buyer?

This is my point. Do you not think our negotiations for Sterling could have had a detrimental effect on our negotiations for De Bruyne?

To many outside observers we looked a soft touch. I speculate that as a result we could have made our life more difficult with reaching a deal with Wolfsburg.

And please qualify anything you respond with as speculation/gossip/or off solid inside info.

Cheers.
Who cares about how we look to outside observers?? The mighty Real Madrid who you claim use "dark arts" have focused their entire transfer window on one player from a club who didn't want or have any need to sell and have yet to get the deal done. Their window started earlier than ours as well. They supposedly turned the player's head a long while ago if those rumors are to be believed. Fact of the matter is when you're dealing with the world's best or top top players it's not going to be so easy to get. World record fees or "paying over the odds" is usually the most likely outcome. The only "dark arts" the likes of Madrid and Barca use is having the ability to break records year after year. Some to the point of needing an investigation to just how much was actually paid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.