De Bruyne?

Of course Liverpool didn't want to sell Sterling, but once they'd resigned themselves to losing him, it played out more or less precisely how they wanted it to - they got the fee they wanted, and they got the 'moral victory' in the press with us paying over the odds.

I have no agenda, all I've done is explain why I've grown sceptical of Txiki recently, give it a rest with the pathetic personal attacks.

We haven't payed over the odds 44m for a player who could play for us for 10+ years is actually Cheap..

• Sterling wanted out, and refused to sign a new contract
  • Sterling apparently only had eyes for us, and we'd agreed personal terms with him
  • Sterling's relationship with Liverpool was more or less irredeemable, the fans were harassing him at the final fixture at Stoke, ex players had been publicly slaughtering him for months by June, and there appeared no way back
  • We were the only club at the table, the only club willing to pay anything approaching £40m
We were in about as strong a position as we could've been as a buyer, and yet we still paid their asking price after months of negotiations.
bang on mate.

• Sterling apparently only had eyes for us, and we'd agreed personal terms with him
  • Sterling's relationship with Liverpool was more or less irredeemable, the fans were harassing him at the final fixture at Stoke, ex players had been publicly slaughtering him for months by June, and there appeared no way back
  • We were the only club at the table, the only club willing to pay anything approaching £40m
We were in about as strong a position as we could've been as a buyer, and yet we still paid their asking price after months of negotiations.
We offered them £40M.They said no. What would you have done next?

All null and void when he had 2 years left on his contract.

Of course Liverpool didn't want to sell Sterling, but once they'd resigned themselves to losing him, it played out more or less precisely how they wanted it to - they got the fee they wanted, and they got the 'moral victory' in the press with us paying over the odds.

I have no agenda, all I've done is explain why I've grown sceptical of Txiki recently, give it a rest with the pathetic personal attacks.
They didn't get the fee they wanted. They got 44m. They wanted 50. That's only 88% of what they wanted.

The consensus is he was worth 40m. We paid 44m.

So we paid 10% more and they got 12% less.

I'm having fun. Anyone else having fun?

...and as well as the 2 years left on his deal and the fact they had slapped a £50mil price tag on his head, you seem to conveniently forget that they had to give QPR 20% of the fee and therefore that was taken into account in Liverpool's valuation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.