De Bruyne?

You said you were here to discuss.
I've seen many posters remind you that Liverpool did not want to sell their star asset. That there was no way he was leaving them to join City. And yet you insist Liverpool had it play out how they wanted to. So you ignore what you've been told and stick to your one item agenda, to criticise the DoF.
It patently didn't pan out the way Liverpool wanted it to.

Of course Liverpool didn't want to sell Sterling, but once they'd resigned themselves to losing him, it played out more or less precisely how they wanted it to - they got the fee they wanted, and they got the 'moral victory' in the press with us paying over the odds.

I have no agenda, all I've done is explain why I've grown sceptical of Txiki recently, give it a rest with the pathetic personal attacks.

You said you were here to discuss.
I've seen many posters remind you that Liverpool did not want to sell their star asset. That there was no way he was leaving them to join City. And yet you insist Liverpool had it play out how they wanted to. So you ignore what you've been told and stick to your one item agenda, to criticise the DoF.
It patently didn't pan out the way Liverpool wanted it to.
Plus I want to know what all these cards were that we held?

Very good point that and one that many people fail to understand, going after big targets is far more difficult than your run of the mill players de Gea is more or less having to go on strike to force a move
The only reason the rags won't be able to fleece Real big style is because De Gea only has 12 months left on his contract. If he had, say, 3 years, they would be telling the world that they "wouldn't sell them a virus."

Liverpool didn't get what they want. They wanted to keep Sterling.

Wolfsburg simply don't want to pay KDB out of their money.

Have both parties, City and Wolfsburg, been expecting him to hand in the transfer request?

Doesn't make sense how this has stalled recently otherwise. The deal looked as good as done a matter of days ago. This couldn't have come out of left field.

Plus I want to know what all these cards were that we held?

• Sterling wanted out, and refused to sign a new contract
  • Sterling apparently only had eyes for us, and we'd agreed personal terms with him
  • Sterling's relationship with Liverpool was more or less irredeemable, the fans were harassing him at the final fixture at Stoke, ex players had been publicly slaughtering him for months by June, and there appeared no way back
  • We were the only club at the table, the only club willing to pay anything approaching £40m
We were in about as strong a position as we could've been as a buyer, and yet we still paid their asking price after months of negotiations.

Have both parties, City and Wolfsburg, been expecting him to hand in the transfer request?

Doesn't make sense how this has stalled recently otherwise. The deal looked as good as done a matter of days ago. This couldn't have come out of left field.
Ever thought we could be in the process of getting rid of Nasri or Navas and that's hit the buffers?
Do we need to accommodate kdb by selling a.n.other?
It might be something at our end that has stalled, kdb might be sat on his suitcase right now staring at his watch thinking for fuck's sake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.