De Bruyne?

If we end up paying in the region of £100 million for Sterling, KDB and Delph Id say it's a very good window which will prove to be value for money.

As ridiculous as it sounds it would look cheap overall in the current environment. Makes you wonder where we'll be in five years time in terms of fees?

I understand what the sites do, I just don't see the value in it in the context of transfers. Porto are good at working out potential value, which isn't the same as market value anyway and is a risk, they are just good at minimizing risk. True average worth has very little relevance when it comes to transfers. In monetary terms, a player is worth what a club is willing to pay and a club is willing to sell at. Opinions on that worth will vary.

Personally, I really want De Bruyne at City. The prospect of the fluidity of Silva, Sterling, Aguero and KDB is mouth watering. So, I'm of the opinion that if Wolfsburg have set a price of 57m, we meet it.

I don't really like posts that just say "This ^". But, this ^.

I know I'm going to get stick here but I kinda don't want him, his best position is behind the striker as is Silva if we him we will be playing either him or Silva out of position. I know both he and Silva can play wide but they arnt as effective. Through the middle debruyne is a 50 mil player i believe he is a real talent and a potential heir to our Silva but out wide he looks half the player in my opinion. That's why I think Pedro could be a goer, he is a natural wideman. We player with two wide forwards now and the only natural wide players we have is Navas and Sterling.

It always baffles me mate. What does it matter to us if we pay £47m or £57m? It will have no impact on us, other than the chance to see a great footballer in a City shirt. Sometimes people get bogged down by fees as though they're paying it themselves. Why would you give it a shit? Pretty much all transfer fees at the top level are obscene in their own way.

Yup. I just wanna see De Bruyne in a City shirt. I don't really care for the fee, like I bet Barca and Real fans didn't really care regarding Ronaldo, Rodriguez, Bale, Suarez, Neymar etc etc... you want the best. You pay the best.

If anything, De Bruyne will probably end up costing less than James Rodriguez, and that'll be brilliant considering his CV would have been much stronger at the time of his big move. Rodriguez had a great world cup, but that added £30m onto his fee easily, and he wasn't anywhere near Bundesliga player of the year territory before that tournament. People forget that Rodrigues and Di Maria both cost north of £60m. It's normal now.

FWIW - i think its gone on far too long for it not to happen. I'd be worried if City were offering £35m and Wolfsburg were being quoted at wanting £60m. As it stands, our differences are reportedly about £7million, which when you're paying over £50m anyway is really a very small amount. We're in a similar ball park, not miles apart, so it'll get done.

If positions were swapped we'd try and wring every last penny out of Wolfsburg!
Fortunately we're where we are and if moaning about attempting to sign one of the best European talents
is getting us down cast your minds back to BFS making us wait for RSC!!

There's an argument to suggest too that by spending this much on a player, we actually mark ourselves out as one of the 'big boys' - a club willing to spend mega money on the very best players. I'm not talking the Robinho type transfers, or even the Silva or Yaya ones. I'm on about the kind that saw Neymar, Bale, Suarez etc go for huge fees. The kind of club that are in for huge superstars.

We haven't yet done that, and we'll have to eventually, like we were trying with Pogba. At some point you have to make the leap from being an Arsenal, to being a Madrid or Barca kinda global giant, and maybe spending a bit of money again in such a dramatic way could actually enhance our status a little.

I know I'm going to get stick here but I kinda don't want him, his best position is behind the striker as is Silva if we him we will be playing either him or Silva out of position. I know both he and Silva can play wide but they arnt as effective. Through the middle debruyne is a 50 mil player i believe he is a real talent and a potential heir to our Silva but out wide he looks half the player in my opinion. That's why I think Pedro could be a goer, he is a natural wideman. We player with two wide forwards now and the only natural wide players we have is Navas and Sterling.

Hear what your saying mate but if we get him I'd invisage some very free interchanging of roles in our attack!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.