De Bruyne?

ooohh

true

but equally we should have a real value in mind and stick at that

fuck them if they want too much more

develop a reputation for meaning what you say and then stick with that as much as you can
Great advice if you're going to an auction to buy a car but if you're trying to develop a football club into one of the worlds most powerful, it doesn't really get you far.

Yup. I just wanna see De Bruyne in a City shirt. I don't really care for the fee, like I bet Barca and Real fans didn't really care regarding Ronaldo, Rodriguez, Bale, Suarez, Neymar etc etc... you want the best. You pay the best.

If anything, De Bruyne will probably end up costing less than James Rodriguez, and that'll be brilliant considering his CV would have been much stronger at the time of his big move. Rodriguez had a great world cup, but that added £30m onto his fee easily, and he wasn't anywhere near Bundesliga player of the year territory before that tournament. People forget that Rodrigues and Di Maria both cost north of £60m. It's normal now.

FWIW - i think its gone on far too long for it not to happen. I'd be worried if City were offering £35m and Wolfsburg were being quoted at wanting £60m. As it stands, our differences are reportedly about £7million, which when you're paying over £50m anyway is really a very small amount. We're in a similar ball park, not miles apart, so it'll get done.
Don't know if it's been discussed but according to the Star Wolfsburg are saying we can have him for £50M
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...rg-Manchester-City-50m-secure-Kevin-De-Bruyne

If positions were swapped we'd try and wring every last penny out of Wolfsburg!
Fortunately we're where we are and if moaning about attempting to sign one of the best European talents
is getting us down cast your minds back to BFS making us wait for RSC!!

If positions were reversed Wolfsburg would probably get him on loan with an option to buy in 17 years for 5 quid and a meat pie

If that price is correct (or higher) then it would be the case of how the club will structure the payment. As for De Bruyne being value for money it would be the same as the Sterling deal, both will fit in with the players we have already and both will improve.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.