De Bruyne?

If positions were reversed Wolfsburg would probably get him on loan with an option to buy in 17 years for 5 quid and a meat pie

Long disscusion & negotiation on the origin of the meat pie!!
Love 'em!
Hazeldines do the best for me in Hazel Grove! To die for!

With respect its not as simple as the saying he is worth what a club is willing to pay. A player can run his contract down and be signed for nothing on a Bosman, the next day he is worth £20 million. It's a moving target.

What the sites try to do, particularly CIES, is identify true average worth with objective calculations and identify who got good value in the market. Some teams are very good at this FC Porto springs to mind. Sort of like Moneyball. City themselves seem to be investing heavily themselves in this type of technology. It's not a precise science of course as humans are involved and it's difficult to measure everything, but there is no doubt that some clubs sometimes wildly overpay and the player would not be valued at that amount by anyone else going forward.
It is exactly that. It is whatever the club finds it necessary to pay to buy his contract out, which is essentially what what you do when you buy a player. If he comes on a free, that is because he has no contract to buy out. When he signs a contract for 5 years,that then is valued accordingly. In other words it is the contract that holds the value commensurate to the perceived abilities of the player.

If positions were reversed Wolfsburg would probably get him on loan with an option to buy in 17 years for 5 quid and a meat pie
Spot on I am amazed how season after season we let our top stars go on such deals. We would always as you say let our players of the year go like this!

Hmmmm... daily star??
If by chance they've got a scoop (unlikely) I'd snap their friggin hands off!!
KDB in. Blue shirt ...No KDB + Silva + Sterling + Kun + Yaya!!!
Gonna be some sleepless nights for opponents defences this season!!!
Shame on you.
You do know that our press only ever print anything only if it is absolutely true.

I think we had Sterling a long time before it was actually announced. I think De Bruyne may have been ensnared and enraptured with Man City's engaging prospect in the same circumstances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.