De Bruyne?

WolfsburgUK ‏@Wolfsburg_UK 43m43 minutes ago
De Bruyne: "We’ll have to see what Wolfsburg want. I’m not the one who makes the decision if I’ll stay" #Wolfsburg

Did you see Allofs quotes in BAMS? (Sunday edition of BILD)

- maybe I go out on a limb (sorry I don't know how you say it in English :D ) when I said Kevin will stay at 99,9%

- he confirmed that they already hold talks how to act after a sale

Best quotes for a long time. Pretty sure he is ours, many Bayern fans feel the same :-)

Is that first one him saying he was wrong to say he's staying 99.9% when he said it last week?

Or is it him going out on a limb now and saying he still thinks he will stay?

Shame if we have to pay 50 mill. Were in danger of every club taking the piss from now on and the money bags tag and hatred for us will never end.
Bit late for that now, we're already tagged with "ruining football" and had to overpay in the early days, but we're not the only one who've had to pay over the odds for players.
Liverpool paying how much ? £34m for Carroll ?
Chelsea £50m for Torres,
Felleni £30m, and they really got value and longevity out of those !
City are now an attractive destination for players, winning titles and trophies, a state of the Art Academy, an expanding stadium, we no longer pay massive salaries to all and sundrie.
We've had to deal with the media bias against us since the takeover, which has only exacerbated after winning titles and signing Sterling, but anyone with half a brain knows not to take it at face value, especially with Mourinho regularly putting his foot in it, provides the media with some real meat to chew on.
I don't think it's any coincidence that City try to conduct their business discreetly and respectfully mirrors the conduct of our players on the pitch, you won't find our players descending into harassing the ref, or diving incessantly.
Look how quickly opinions changed after the opening round of matches, from a declining force on the wane, to title favourites and gushing press for our performance at WBA, that's the way it should be, City doing their talking on the pitch.

But you just know the next quotes will be something along the lines of, until City meet our 60m valuation of Kevin, he will stay at Wolfsburg. One step forward, two steps back in this transfer saga.
I couldn't be sure but I would suspect that KDB and Wolfsburg have always had a figure in mind that they both felt was what they wanted to achieve as a selling price for KDB. If Wolfsburg then continued to procrastinate having achieved that figure, I feel that the player would feel obliged to to step in.
It is all in my opinion, of course, but I feel that kind of scenario may be in play otherwise Wolfsburg may as well stop talking to us which they clearly haven't done. Everything clearly points to Wolfsburg trying to achieve a certain figure, with City resisting, much the same as the Sterling saga.

But you just know the next quotes will be something along the lines of, until City meet our 60m valuation of Kevin, he will stay at Wolfsburg. One step forward, two steps back in this transfer saga.

Certainly would have been if Txiki had done like some wanted and went in quickly with a high bid. They were always going to change the goalposts.

If this transfer does happen maybe some of those posters will come on applauding him a) for getting the deal done with a difficult selling club and b) for making the starting price at negotiations low enough that we have at least contained their demands to a range that we can accept

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.