De Bruyne?

My impression is that he has the best attributes of Milner and Silva. The footballing intelligence and skills of Silva, the legs to keep going of Milner.

Powerful, tenacious, committed, accurate passer - long and short, near perfect timing of passes and can get better.

I only saw 3 halves of football with him in it but it was enough to convince me that he'll be our most important signing in years.

OK I need to calm down - setting myself up for a fall but... :-)

On the other hand if he has made his mind up the longer they take to accept our offer (what ever it may be) then the less time they have to spend the money they make to find replacements or new additions to better there team

That's a valid point too. There's a lot of things to weigh up. On the flip side, maybe unbeknownst Wolfsburg are looking into replacements behind the scenes? My point is though, that criticising people within city who are working on the deal for "not getting on with it" is ridiculous. There are people on here saying things to that effect as though they understand how these things ought to work better than those doing the job. None of us know the ins and outs of these things. That said, acquiring players of this calibre/reputation can't be easy and i doubt that simply slapping down what we believe the asking price is will make the deal happen overnight. We have no control over how the selling club want to handle things and the whole notion that we can speed things up by issuing ultimatums is very shortsighted.

£50m for a good set-piece man? Better than Kolarov at set pieces, or Charlie Adam? I can't comment about his abilities as I have seen him play once, but that recommendation is not convincing
Im guessing the scouts may have watched him more than once.

It doesn't have to convince you Marvin, it has to convince our management and DOF.
Seeing as we've been working hard on the deal for months Id say they've seen enough to be happy to go ahead.
It's also just one of the strings to his bow, but then as you admit to not watching him I suggest you take a bit of time to catch up on the various clips of him in action that are available at your fingertips.

He's no Charlie Adam, granted..
Well said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.