De Bruyne?

Just stopped for lunch break and it's all doom and gloom. Ian Cheesman saying Wolfsgurg say he's playing against Cologne on Saturday. FFS!

[
Forza, when you make a statement like that, you come off as a WUM to most posters.

The reason being is that to most of us, City have already signed almost 100M worth of players which include arguably the best England international who isn't yet 22, a 25 year old defensive midfielder for England, England's most exciting youth prospect, an Argentinian (we've had good fortune with those) who may have been La Liga's best central defender and a youth striker for the future.

And if that was all, it would be a very strong window which addressed several squad needs.

But it isn't. We're getting KDB. Which makes this a huge transfer window for us... we're back to ruining football again!

And the remote possibility of a last minute Pogba deal lives on.

So perhaps @Forzacitizens , you could explain to us how this all equates to average and that you aren't merely WUM'ing?
Not letting you get away with that ;-)

How did you work that one out?

35m + loan + Dante = KDB = 50m

So given the latest reports have Dante valued at ~£6m, they're saying a loan of KDB is worth £9m.

In my opinion, for Wolfsburg that would be a much better deal, assuming they want Dante. KDB is the difference between them getting the CL next season or not, and that's worth a heck of a lot more than £9m to them.

So I expect Wolfsburg would like that deal, not to mention they seem to love the Bavarian rags anyway.

De Bruyne on the other hand, he should want to come to us, and hopefully it's going to be done soon.

You'd have to factor in Dante's wages, signing on fee etc too. Plus who pays De Bruyne's wages for the next 12 months? Ultimately it'll fall not on Wolfsburg but on De Bruyne where he goes at this stage. If he wants to come to City/the Premier League then he will do, the decision to leave Wolfsburg has already been made, it's just the destination that isn't clear it would seem.

How did you work that one out?

35m + loan + Dante = KDB = 50m

So given the latest reports have Dante valued at ~£6m, they're saying a loan of KDB is worth £9m.

In my opinion, for Wolfsburg that would be a much better deal, assuming they want Dante. KDB is the difference between them getting the CL next season or not, and that's worth a heck of a lot more than £9m to them.

So I expect Wolfsburg would like that deal, not to mention they seem to love the Bavarian rags anyway.

De Bruyne on the other hand, he should want to come to us, and hopefully it's going to be done soon.

Dante is shit and is still owed around €11m in wages by Bayern so you can knock that off the fee straight away.

We've both heard the same thing from separate sources, so I think there probably is something in it, even if it's just Wolfsburg leaking it to try and get the highest price possible from us.

Should probably stress though that we've both said that we still think De Bruyne will sign for City.

Hi Ric,

Would Bayern have any idea how much money we can afford using FFP as a rule we would want to conform to ?
I am thinking that their Mr Rumm. would hope to push us as far as possible towards infringing that rule.

Secondly, it seems clear that Europe is now taking our squad additions seriously which I find exciting.

The same sources that thought the whole thing was off last Monday night?

No idea if they would say Pam. I'm hoping Tolmie's source is the best as he was very positive and even mentioned he would be a City player by tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.