De Bruyne?

Maybe so, but if you don't see why there were red flags then you've not spent enough time in the transfer forum this summer.
Anyway, it seems Ric can vouch for him so we move on and be grateful that none of us Blues were unfortunate enough to be christened Manuthan.
He's Belgian and I can't for the life of me see where he even claims he's a City fan (or any other club excepting the Belgian NT). He merely comments on his perception of KDB as a player which he's allowed to do.

I might add that doing a Google search on his nickname and Belgium brings up the fact that some idiot on redcafe are using the abusive responses to his one and only post as a stick to beat us with (not that I give a monkeys what he thinks).

Give the guy a break.

Heard the Rodriguez rumor myself
I seem to recollect we had some interest just before the time he was injured at the Etihad.
Whatever happens I wish the lad well and that he can regain the previous form he had for Southampton. He scored a penalty in the Europa match last night so that should boost his confidence. Keoman is quoted today as saying no more players leaving Saints this transfer window though.

EDITED FOR ERROR
Whoops got the wrong Rodriguez. There's Jay (Saints) and Ricardo(Wolfsburg) which proved too confusing for a silver surfer like me.

Last edited:
By red flags I suppose you mean that he didn't say what people wanted to hear. If he had come on and said what a great player he thought KDB was and he thought he was going to be the bargain of the transfer window then I don't think anybody would have criticised his username too much.
Yes, you see somebody's very first post saying our number one target isn't worth the money and has flaws, then you see the username, it's not hard to see why there would be an element of suspicion.
Not sure what's so hard to get.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...l-news/five-left-backs-man-city-watch-8103456

He was identified by the MUEN as a potential left back some time ago. Seems like Real were sniffing around him as well as United
Only 22 years old. I've not seen much of him either but I think we need better quality in that position - despite Kolorov's good start to the season

Judging on the number of clean sheets we've kept in the last 8 prem games (6 last season) the change in formation is helping our defence. Kolarov is one of the best attacking left backs out there, with support from Sterling he can also do his defensive work more easily. When Silva was on the left side he'd often cut into the centre of the pitch and when we lost the ball he wouldn't be able to support Kolarov.

Kolarov and Clichy are good enough in the right formation. There's no reason to panic buy any of the names we're linked with. Sandro, Kurzawa, Rodriguez are all promising players but haven't shown enough consistency to warrant the expenditure. Kolarov has looked miles better since the altered formation so I think the club are doing the right thing in sticking with what we have. It remains to be seen whether Angelino can then come in next season without going into the market.

Looks like KDB is close then... should be sorted next week ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.