De Bruyne?

I seem to recollect we had some interest just before the time he was injured at the Etihad.
Whatever happens I wish the lad well and that he can regain the previous form he had for Southampton. He scored a penalty in the Europa match last night so that should boost his confidence. Keoman is quoted today as saying no more players leaving Saints this transfer window though.

Ricardo at Wolfsburg, not Jay at Southampton.

images
Something for the weekend.

Ah, so what people want is not a forum but an echo chamber for City fans. I get it.
Not sure how you've reached that conclusion but I'll let you carry on.
To reiterate though, and it'll be my last on it, this is how it played out.
I read a first time poster with the name Man U fan ( I appreciate it wasn't spelt like that but that's how it rolled off my tongue) who said that KDB wasn't worth the money (subjective tbf) and that Nasri and Navas would be better (not so subjective) as well as telling us Hazard is better. (nothing to do with anything)
I voiced my concern that his views might be a bit skewered due to him being a Utd fan and the site owner assured us that wasn't the case.
Then yourself and someone else jumped in to rescue him and the thread edged closer to 2000 pages.
Just another day on the KDBathon, I'm sure we'll all be able to move on.

Not sure how you've reached that conclusion but I'll let you carry on.
To reiterate though, and it'll be my last on it, this is how it played out.
I read a first time poster with the name Man U fan ( I appreciate it wasn't spelt like that but that's how it rolled off my tongue) who said that KDB wasn't worth the money (subjective tbf) and that Nasri and Navas would be better (not so subjective) as well as telling us Hazard is better. (nothing to do with anything)
I voiced my concern that his views might be a bit skewered due to him being a Utd fan and the site owner assured us that wasn't the case.
Then yourself and someone else jumped in to rescue him and the thread edged closer to 2000 pages.
Just another day on the KDBathon, I'm sure we'll all be able to move on.
I think you've given it good old go. It keeps us all entertained. Have a nice day.

Judging on the number of clean sheets we've kept in the last 8 prem games (6 last season) the change in formation is helping our defence. Kolarov is one of the best attacking left backs out there, with support from Sterling he can also do his defensive work more easily. When Silva was on the left side he'd often cut into the centre of the pitch and when we lost the ball he wouldn't be able to support Kolarov.

Kolarov and Clichy are good enough in the right formation. There's no reason to panic buy any of the names we're linked with. Sandro, Kurzawa, Rodriguez are all promising players but haven't shown enough consistency to warrant the expenditure. Kolarov has looked miles better since the altered formation so I think the club are doing the right thing in sticking with what we have. It remains to be seen whether Angelino can then come in next season without going into the market.

Looks like KDB is close then... should be sorted next week ;)

I agree Kolorov has looked a different player in these first 2 games and I think Sterling has definitely helped his game as well as the formation. But I'm not as convinced by Clichy - his offensive qualities are average at best and his defensive qualities aren't good enough for the level we are at. Not saying this Wolfsburg left back is the answer but it is a position where we've been weak for a while and opposition teams have targeted us down that side. Anyway probably worth debating in the Left back thread ;)

I hope you're right about the KDB situation - I'm confident also that this will be wrapped up soon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.