De Bruyne?

I don't think we'd have just let Pedro go by if we weren't 100% on this deal tbh. We've seen De Bruyne's heads away from Wolfsburg with his recent performances for them so it would be very peculiar if he ended up staying and waiting a year longer on less wages and joining Bayern for again less wages, than he could get with us right now. Also with Pep not signing his new contract he can't be sure who the manager is there next year either.

Looks like bullshit to me.

ken-langone-flapping-arms-gif.gif

I like the look of Felipe Anderson - a rough diamond for sure but it has the added bonus that United are currently being linked with him. Scuppering their deal would be icing on the cake.

I'm actually rather nervous that De Bruyne is not the player we need. He is more of a Silva replacement - We need pace and width on the other side but with more teeth than Navas (IMO).

Was very impressed with what I saw of him for lazio last year, but I'm not sure we'd go for 2 very young players on both flanks, and he famously had a horrible time adapting to moving away from Brazil. He ate only carbonara for the first 9 months he was there because he didn't know how to order anything else, got a bit depressed and put on weight.

He only just started delivering on his potential after December so I think he'll stay at lazio another season.

I actually think he's a bit too similar to sterling as well. Starts wide but dribbles inside a lot, and we need someone to stay out wide and give us that full pitch width to create space for Silva.

Definitely wouldn't be upset with him if he came though. Going to be a fantastic player.

If we do go for AN Other I don't think it will be a traditional attacking midfielder. All we need is a Navas who can score.

There's plenty of fast wingers out there who have better end product. Bellerabi was one we were linked to a while back, or Feghouli from Valencia.

Alexis Sanchez next summer then! It is a well trodden path from the Emirates to the Etihad...

You're full of shit old boy. You posted that the way big clubs do business is not by pussyfooting around, but by simply coughing up the asking price (no matter how absurdly inflated). I pointed out that thankfully City was being run by people with a tad more business acumen than that, and had (QED - as De Bruyne is currently still a Wolfsburg player) not done this. In your tiny mind this means I wish to sign Buster Phillips and Harry Kane. Keep blustering if you want to. It's amusing

No I didn't silly, re read what I said.

We're not shopping at Netto, we're at Selfridges. Big clubs make big calls, if the fee is on the high side, and City feel it is right, it will get done regardless of a few mil.

I was clearly being facetious about Martin Philips etc but that's the impression you're giving off.

We don't hold the purse strings and this fella will help us succeed in the CL. Maybe this isn't something you want to do?

Bye.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.