De Bruyne?

Sure I can see that, but I'm asking more will he stick to what's being successful with us currently i.e. playing very wide, trying to beat his man and get a cross in, or as I suspect would he be more of what Nasri is for us, try and come inside and play a one-two with someone and slows it all down a bit.

Seems to me he'd be perfect as a Silva replacement when the sad time comes that we need to do so, but I'm not convinced he's the answer to our need for a world class right winger. Someone like Pedro seemed the obvious choice (although he's already 28 also), a proven pacey winger with more end product than Navas.

At this stage I doubt we've got time to find someone who fits the bill and is obtainable in such a small time frame, but whilst I'd love KDB eventually at City, I'm not sure he's a necessity for this season, more a luxury.

yes...he will definitely suit our current playing style...he can play very wide and dribble past the defenders with his pace and skills and get a good cross in...something we have been missing a long time...navas can not deliver that final ball..de bruyne can do this and he is v
even very good in exact that kind of play ...dribble past the wide man with skills and pace and crossing at the point...these are the strenghts of kdb!

And so the name calling starts. When are the kids back to school ?

Really hope we don't waste 50 m on a one good season ginger runt that won't force the move.

Really hope we don't waste 50 m on a one good season ginger runt that won't force the move.

Claims victim status and in the next sentence shows his colours. Genius.

The irony in that post is staggering. As a newbie, one who's been around less than two weeks may I suggest you find a more measured tone. Otherwise I'd expect the name calling in your direction will only intensify.

I preferred the good old days when the first you knew of a signing was when they were on the back page of the newspaper signing a contract, with Swales stood next to them

FFS I remember us asking ourselves if we could get him registered in time for West Brom, then it was talk of getting him on the bench against Chelsea. I hope we never deal with Volksburg again after this.

This is for the club to decide and they seem to answer that with a big fat YES judging by their relentless pursuit of KDB. This really isn't "buying for the sake of it" - we were first linked at the beginning of the year so he's obviously been scouted intensively and City feel he can fulfill a role in the team that will make us better. KDB is a very versatile player, talented with both feet and who got more league assists than any footballer in Europe's top leagues last season. He also has the tools to become a CM in a deeper position some day, I believe.

That's not what I'm trying to say. You're describing his ability on the pitch and I totally agree with you. My point is if we were to buy him he'll play on wings however he's strongest position is attacking mid but silva already plays there. Therefore shouldn't we just buy a natural winger who's better than KDB and would probably cost less than him too.

This is never gonna happen though it's wishful thinking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.