De Bruyne?

I actually think we have a clear run on all our 3 main targets. Yes the fees will be high, but its quality players. Hats of to txiki and the gang, the transfer planning this pre-season has been top-notch

Think its safe to say if a bid is going in he's told Wolfsburg he isn't signing his new contract ?

Hi mrtwiceaseason, De Bruyne is back from holiday and back in training BUT still no news of a new deal and his agent has come out and said De Bruyne needs time to think about his future! Now, rumours that we are putting in a bid....hopefully all this means we have a great chance of getting the deal done! fingers crossed!;)

Sounds like he hasn't flat out rejected Wolfsburg's offer, but would be open to a move if we came in for him.

Sounds like he hasn't flat out rejected Wolfsburg's offer, but would be open to a move if we came in for him.

Hopefully this is us showing our hand by putting in a £35m bid, letting De Bruyne and Wolfsberg know we are serious about his signature, but I reckon they've known that for a while.

The lad has every right to be cautious. He got burned once in England and I think he's found a good place at Wolfsburg. It's not an easy decision for him, he will be very sure of his ability but that wasn't enough for Jose.

Put yourself in his shoes then you see why this is taking some time to get done

The Belgian media seem to be convincing themselves that Kevin De Bruyne to Manchester City is just a matter of time. Earlier we covered reports from Belgian newspaper Het Belang van Limburg that Manchester City were going to finalise the Raheem Sterling transfer and then turn their attention to a €70m move for the Wolfsburg player.

Another Belgian newspaper, Het Nieuwsblad, think similar. In their Tuesday edition they say that Manchester City is turning increasingly Belgian after Jason Denayer's renewal and what they think is the likely arrival of De Bruyne. They say that Txiki Begiristain sees his next priority as the arrival of De Bruyne and has been in touch with the player's agent Patrick De Koster.

The newspaper's cartoonist has been inspired by the claims to mock up Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany welcoming his compatriots Denayer and De Bruyne to the club, and the last time they did similar was with Toby Alderweireld and Tottenham Hotspur last week - and we all know how that one ended. De Bruyne to Manchester City is the biggest football story they have today and the newspaper have gone rather big on the situation. This isn't being treated as a passing rumour or speculation built upon speculation.

Raheem Sterling AND Kevin Bruyne? It's a prospect which seems to be moving from 'possible' to 'expected', at least for an excited Belgian media.

Watched a short interview with Wolfsburgs Director of Football Klaus Allofs on the German SSN last night. It was made outside of their training camp, so new. He repeated the known statement that Wolfsburg does not want to sell any players, but then went on about no offers being on the table and how one can never know what happens. It sounded to me as if he is willing to consider selling at the right conditions. The whole story was given the headline "Disturbances concerning Perisic and De Bruyne" by SSN, so there is smoke, and where there is smoke they is also some kind of fire, right :-)

Allofs is in general known as a cool businessman, who is not afraid of buying and selling players. So if he acts according to his nature he can certainly be negotiated with. I am getting more optimistic about this, but for sure we will have to pay up here. Wolfsburg does not need the money, and you cannot fool Allofs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.