De Bruyne?

Why, what does he say?
Not slagging us off I hope, it was him that wanted to leave, not us that forced him out.
It was in Bleacher Report here in the US, but it was basically, "I KNOW that I'd be on the bench if I stayed at City. but I made the RIGHT choice signing with Pool!" Milner has been quoted quite a bit on this issue. I don't know if he is just making good copy or he genuinely has an axe to grind. We treated him well and he seems to forget that.

It was in Bleacher Report here in the US, but it was basically, "I KNOW that I'd be on the bench if I stayed at City. but I made the RIGHT choice signing with Pool!" Milner has been quoted quite a bit on this issue. I don't know if he is just making good copy or he genuinely has an axe to grind. We treated him well and he seems to forget that.

Well in fairness Bleacher Report is about the dregs of the dregs and then the dregs below that as far as sports journalism. So he may have been misquoted to some extent. And then he's basically saying, what? "I'm not good enough for City but I am for the red dippers!" Uh, agreed and agreed from what I can tell.

Milner was a good lad and useful utility player. Could fill in with some competence at almost every position. But we needed better in the squad. Best of luck to him whenever not adverse to our interests, obviously.

Well in fairness Bleacher Report is about the dregs of the dregs and then the dregs below that as far as sports journalism. So he may have been misquoted to some extent. And then he's basically saying, what? "I'm not good enough for City but I am for the red dippers!" Uh, agreed and agreed from what I can tell.

Milner was a good lad and useful utility player. Could fill in with some competence at almost every position. But we needed better in the squad. Best of luck to him whenever not adverse to our interests, obviously.
Yeah. Bleacher Report is hot garbage as far as I am concerned. They quote my local paper regularly, and I wouldn't lower myself to use that rag to wipe my ass.

Must confess, I was one of those that thought we should've done more to try & keep him.
But if that's his attitude, good riddance.

Must confess, I was one of those that thought we should've done more to try & keep him.
But if that's his attitude, good riddance.

I don't think there is anything particularly wrong with what he said, he's just being brutally honest.

He was a great utility player, but if he was in the squad now he would be lucky to get a place on the bench. Navas (on current form), silva, KDB, Nasri (if he's feeling up to it), and Sterling would all be ahead of him.

If he truly wanted to play every week, especially centrally, he had to take a step down and sign for the dippers, so in that sense he made the "right" choice.

Just finished catching up after reading over 100 pages. A walk up to the top of Kinder Scout & singing Bluemoon to the Gods Is what was needed to push this over the line. Fantastic news, finally.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.