De Bruyne?

13z37cw.jpg
[/IMG]

Surely this

Yep! Looks good to me!

... is the correct answer!

Yaya stays; to be the first name on the team sheet for FA Cup ties; to be an impactful substitute in ALL competitions, either to take the piss in games/give other "forwards" a rest; or to be an extra "attacker" used when there is a need to push for a goal; and as a mentor to Poggers during training sessions.
I'm not sure that is how things will end up. With yaya now seemingly happy to play for us and not coming of afcon, I could see a three man midfield of pogba and yaya with a holding mid (Fernando Fernandinho or whatever homegrown midfielder we buy) and that would be a scary midfield. But that only leaves 3 spots for kun and either two wingers or maybe we follow juve's success and try a skinny diamond. Either way I think KDB is going to have to fight to start more than any other new signing IMO (assuming we get the big three).

I'm not sure that is how things will end up. With yaya now seemingly happy to play for us and not coming of afcon, I could see a three man midfield of pogba and yaya with a holding mid (Fernando Fernandinho or whatever homegrown midfielder we buy) and that would be a scary midfield. But that only leaves 3 spots for kun and either two wingers or maybe we follow juve's success and try a skinny diamond. Either way I think KDB is going to have to fight to start more than any other new signing IMO (assuming we get the big three).

If we get de Bruyne, he will be a nailed on starter. He's much much better than Sterling right now, and I doubt he'd be turning down PSG and Wolfsburg for us if he wasn't expecting to start every game. We're a much more attractive club, but not from the bench.

Can Pogba do that role? He's not exactly a deep lying playmaker is he?

No, Pogba is wasted as a holding midfielder, he is a powerful box to box midfielder who scores goals and needs to deployed that way.

I am not convinced we are going to see Yaya as a number ten as much as people think, he is our best dictator of play, especially from deep, and I think we will have playing holding midfield and just make sure we provide workrate and legs around him when needed.

If we get de Bruyne, he will be a nailed on starter. He's much much better than Sterling right now, and I doubt he'd be turning down PSG and Wolfsburg for us if he wasn't expecting to start every game. We're a much more attractive club, but not from the bench.

I don't think anyone is going to be a guaranteed starter going forward...every player will get lots of game time though in the league and cups

De Bruyne makes our starting XI as does Sterling, it's Nasri and Navas who will have to thinking about chasing a place in the team for me.

I even think Lopes is going to challenge big time for a place.

This sort of competition is good because I think a few players have got a little too comfortable in recent times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.