De Bruyne?

If we get de Bruyne, he will be a nailed on starter. He's much much better than Sterling right now, and I doubt he'd be turning down PSG and Wolfsburg for us if he wasn't expecting to start every game. We're a much more attractive club, but not from the bench.
I totally agree but the issue is he refuses to go back on defense, which is fine but it means he has to be up front so if we play a 4-4-2 he's very hard to start. Love the player but his workrates (unless he changes which would be fantastic) seem troublesome for me.

De Bruyne makes our starting XI as does Sterling, it's Nasri and Navas who will have to thinking about chasing a place in the team for me.

I even think Lopes is going to challenge big time for a place.

This sort of competition is good because I think a few players have got a little too comfortable in recent times.
I would like to see navas stay as what I've read de bruyne defensive contribution is not great. Sterling and navas on the break with teams tiring could be deadly.

No, Pogba is wasted as a holding midfielder, he is a powerful box to box midfielder who scores goals and needs to deployed that way.

I am not convinced we are going to see Yaya as a number ten as much as people think, he is our best dictator of play, especially from deep, and I think we will have playing holding midfield and just make sure we provide workrate and legs around him when needed.
Totally agree. The posters that I know most for thinking tactically all seem to agree on that. Shame Pellegrini doesn't post ;)

I totally agree but the issue is he refuses to go back on defense, which is fine but it means he has to be up front so if we play a 4-4-2 he's very hard to start. Love the player but his workrates (unless he changes which would be fantastic) seem troublesome for me.

I think 4-4-2 is gone.

After the United loss Pellegrini despite having 4 strikers just played 1 up front and we ended up winning every game if I remember.

I think Silva will be our second striker of sorts next season and a change to 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 will happen on a more consistent basis next season.

I think we will just ho into the season with Aguero and Bony and if they both get injured we will go to playing a false 9.

I think 4-4-2 is gone.

After the United loss Pellegrini despite having 4 strikers just played 1 up front and we ended up winning every game if I remember.

I think Silva will be our second striker of sorts next season and a change to 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 will happen on a more consistent basis next season.

I think we will just ho into the season with Aguero and Bony and if they both get injured we will go to playing a false 9.

Sterling can play striker, we're gonna have Iheanacho and Unal available as well.

Pellegrini tried Pozo before he went to Milner as a false 9, so I expect both of those would get a shot before we reverted to a false 9 from the attacking midfielders.

His positional play in all champ league games last season

Pogbatouchmap_3329281a.gif

Interesting, could help with our left side problems. Seems to operate in Gareth Barry type areas here.

I'm not sure that is how things will end up. With yaya now seemingly happy to play for us and not coming of afcon, I could see a three man midfield of pogba and yaya with a holding mid (Fernando Fernandinho or whatever homegrown midfielder we buy) and that would be a scary midfield. But that only leaves 3 spots for kun and either two wingers or maybe we follow juve's success and try a skinny diamond. Either way I think KDB is going to have to fight to start more than any other new signing IMO (assuming we get the big three).
Pretty offensive. :)

I just see your formation as a bit of a 4-1-4-1 as those two, twos who are advanced will kinda mush together into a 4, and that's suicide defencively. IMO.
Also, if Fernandinho can't do the job of two when he's part of a two, I'm pretty sure he won't be able to do the job of two when he's on his own.

I just think the logical next formation is the 4-2-3-1. Still got the defensive 4-2-... from last season, so that's good..
...and the less top heavy, but more fluid advanced four being distributed in a ...-3-1 formation which is clearly more diversely offensive than last season's ...-2-2, whilst also adding a bit more solidity in a defensive manner due to dispersion of the 3.

Also, the team I posted was kinda a long term vision, not the team I expect to be rolled out against WBAlbion, and TBH maybe I was being a bit hard on Yaya by omitting him totally. In my ideas, Yaya's responsibility as Pogger's mentor would be ongoing, both when he is on the pitch, either together or apart, as well as when he is away from the playing arena. In this way, Yaya can be eased out as Poggers is eased in, minimal fuss, hopefully.

De Bruyne makes our starting XI as does Sterling, it's Nasri and Navas who will have to thinking about chasing a place in the team for me.

I even think Lopes is going to challenge big time for a place.

This sort of competition is good because I think a few players have got a little too comfortable in recent times.
100% agree. Makes a big difference when we buy to compliment the team rather than buying to compliment the squad.

FFP? What FFP!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.