De Bruyne?

Pretty offensive. :)

I just see your formation as a bit of a 4-1-4-1 as those two, twos who are advanced will kinda mush together into a 4, and that's suicide defencively. IMO.
Also, if Fernandinho can't do the job of two when he's part of a two, I'm pretty sure he won't be able to do the job of two when he's on his own.

I just think the logical next formation is the 4-2-3-1. Still got the defensive 4-2-... from last season, so that's good..
...and the less top heavy, but more fluid advanced four being distributed in a ...-3-1 formation which is clearly more diversely offensive than last season's ...-2-2, whilst also adding a bit more solidity in a defensive manner due to dispersion of the 3.

Also, the team I posted was kinda a long term vision, not the team I expect to be rolled out against WBAlbion, and TBH maybe I was being a bit hard on Yaya by omitting him totally. In my ideas, Yaya's responsibility as Pogger's mentor would be ongoing, both when he is on the pitch, either together or apart, as well as when he is away from the playing arena. In this way, Yaya can be eased out as Poggers is eased in, minimal fuss, hopefully.
I know and agree that the squad you talked about is very scary, part of me just can't loose the idea that pogba isn't a defensive midfielder. I'm sure he could play there and be quite capable but with all that he brings to the table offensively I just can't see us giving that up, so that's why I don't see us running a 4-2-3-1 with pogba. I think if anything he'd be a part of some form of a three man midfield (probably with a holding mid behind him). He's too creative to make him stay back and defend 24/7

don't want to see us spending time and patting each other on the back we have still a lot of work to do and we should be further down the line at obtaining those currently in the potentially incoming tray a few weeks ago Schweinstiegar was still at BM but we have left it linger and they might come in for de bryne on the back of this

Was told tonight that PSG are in pole position for De Bruyne rather than us, but that we're still trying to complete the deal.

Personally thought di Maria was their main target, should be an interesting few days.

Was told tonight that PSG are in pole position for De Bruyne rather than us, but that we're still trying to complete the deal.

Personally thought di Maria was their main target, should be an interesting few days.

ffs

well this is turning into an extremely disappointing evening.

That's not good, Ric.

Nor the news coming out of Bayern that they're trying to sort out Vidal.

Go for Di Maria, PSG!

FFS! Shambles if true.

Oh fuck. I don't get how De Bruyne fancies French League more than PL? Unless PSG offer ludicrous wages

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.