De Bruyne?

Behave. He managed to sign a player who openly said he didn't want to play for his club, and then paid near enough exactly what the selling club wanted. Don't get me wrong, I think Sterling will prove his worth over the length of his contract, especially with people like Yaya, Silva, Aguero and Nasri to learn from. But don't make it sounds like he's pulled off a deal that no one else was capable of. If he gets de Bruyne then he'll have done the business - reference Pogba, it will be amazing if he gets that deal done.

But Sterling must have been sold the club at some stage. I doubt it was as simple as handing over the dosh and Rodgers dropping him off at Sumerbees Bar.

Must be a lot of work directing these transfers from many angles over a long period of time. I think he deserves a little more credit myself. Maybe just reserve judgement till transfer season is done, and try to be a little less cynical and a little more patient.

Some of you will never be happy.

PSG are in for both players, Barca maybe for Pogba and Bayern maybe for Dr Bruyne. Selling clubs want as much cash as possible hence waiting for bids and then an auction.

Blame Txiki of we sign Cattermole and Nzogbia, not for trying to sign two very coveted players when he isn't at fault for the actions of another. We've clearly got a budget set aside and are attempting to keep to it. Should we fail to sign these two then there are fall back options whom have agreements in place. Again, of we fail miserably then slate him, until then shut the fuck up and chill out.

But Sterling must have been sold the club at some stage. I doubt it was as simple as handing over the dosh and Rodgers dropping him off at Sumerbees Bar.

Must be a lot of work directing these transfers from many angles over a long period of time. I think he deserves a little more credit myself. Maybe just reserve judgement till transfer season is done, and try to be a little less cynical and a little more patient.
I agree with some of that, and I for one haven't slated the guy, I just don't think signing Sterling took too much clout. There may well have been some bits and bobs regarding the contract and image right etc, etc, but it's not as if we were negotiating against Barcelona, PSG and, God forbid, the history, the legacy and the worldwide fan base of the Rags!

Some of you will never be happy.

PSG are in for both players, Barca maybe for Pogba and Bayern maybe for Dr Bruyne. Selling clubs want as much cash as possible hence waiting for bids and then an auction.

Blame Txiki of we sign Cattermole and Nzogbia, not for trying to sign two very coveted players when he isn't at fault for the actions of another. We've clearly got a budget set aside and are attempting to keep to it. Should we fail to sign these two then there are fall back options whom have agreements in place. Again, of we fail miserably then slate him, until then shut the fuck up and chill out.
Agree. I suspect all those slating him have no idea what is involved in a tranfer (other than those they do in Fifa or whatever).

I think everyone is having a bit of a flap after the vidal news but we have to remember what our chairman said "we are going to be signing world class players and a few will leave" if he's ultra confident then so am I. Or is he a WUM?
Behave. He managed to sign a player who openly said he didn't want to play for his club, and then paid near enough exactly what the selling club wanted. Don't get me wrong, I think Sterling will prove his worth over the length of his contract, especially with people like Yaya, Silva, Aguero and Nasri to learn from. But don't make it sounds like he's pulled off a deal that no one else was capable of. If he gets de Bruyne then he'll have done the business - reference Pogba, it will be amazing if he gets that deal done.

Completely agree, Sterling was always going to be in the bag. If he pulls off the other two, then Txixi will get the credit he deserves, until then... he will still be judged.

I do agree with that, bigger players take longer to sign due to the competition from other clubs.

Only thing I worry about is that with Vidal leaving, that might put a lid on the Pogba chase for a season. We need him this season, not next season.

Completely agree, Sterling was always going to be in the bag. If he pulls off the other two, then Txixi will get the credit he deserves, until then... he will still be judged.

But don't you see how rediculous it is to judge him during a window transfer? genuine question

But don't you see how rediculous it is to judge him during a window transfer? genuine question

We are not talking about one transfer window, we are talking about a few transfer windows. As many have said including Stuart Brennan who is closely linked with the club, Txixi will be judged off the signings he can pull off this season. Ed Woodward this season has kicked on and been aggressive in the window so far, Txixi will be judged just the same as Ed Woodward and when you have a job to do at one of the best teams in Europe where there is HUGE pressure, you have to learn to deal with that pressure and expect criticism as well as praise. Thats part and parcel of the job. I just hope the little man pulls through and gets the right signings in the door that will complement the squad perfectly. So far so good with Sterling, but as stated above, we was hardly going to lose that race anyway. The next few weeks will be crucial for Txixi and fingers crossed he does the business for us. I would like to see him do well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.