De Bruyne?

We are not talking about one transfer window, we are talking about a few transfer windows. As many have said including Stuart Brennan who is closely linked with the club, Txixi will be judged off the signings he can pull off this season. Ed Woodward this season has kicked on and been aggressive in the window so far, Txixi will be judged just the same as Ed Woodward and when you have a job to do at one of the best teams in Europe where there is HUGE pressure, you have to learn to deal with that pressure and expect criticism as well as praise. Thats part and parcel of the job. I just hope the little man pulls through and gets the right signings in the door that will complement the squad perfectly. So far so good with Sterling, but a stated above, we was hardly going to lose that race anyway.

We will just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that

you would of thought she would of known before now

...yeah - but is it not more likely that a footballers wife in her condition making a tweet would be gushing about something to do with news about the incoming family member - perhaps just had some confirmation from the doctor about due date/healthiness etc?

It seems a bit desperate to leap on that and assume that she is such a blabbermouth that it means that we are making a major signing

We are not talking about one transfer window, we are talking about a few transfer windows. As many have said including Stuart Brennan who is closely linked with the club, Txixi will be judged off the signings he can pull off this season. Ed Woodward this season has kicked on and been aggressive in the window so far, Txixi will be judged just the same as Ed Woodward and when you have a job to do at one of the best teams in Europe where there is HUGE pressure, you have to learn to deal with that pressure and expect criticism as well as praise. Thats part and parcel of the job. I just hope the little man pulls through and gets the right signings in the door that will complement the squad perfectly. So far so good with Sterling, but as stated above, we was hardly going to lose that race anyway. The next few weeks will be crucial for Txixi and fingers crossed he does the business for us. I would like to see him do well.

To be fair to Txixi - the players Woodward has negotiated are not in the same league as the ones we're after - who else was after Schneiderlin - Rags or Arse... rags offered more than the Arse were prepared to pay - that's not negotiating. Schweinsteiger... he's a risk with recent injury record... and I didn't see anyone else clambering for him or Bayern fighting to keep him. Darmian - again a risk - hardly playing at the best of Italian clubs and is untried in the PL. All players that their parent clubs were happy to sell too... We're after the best players at their respective clubs, and getting them to sell them to us is a major task, so give the guy a break!

FFS, there's not one of these 'aggressive signings' I would want at City, not one.

Schweinsteiger is a great signing for the price. Yes, he will be 31 when the season starts, but for them, he will be instrumental. He brings experience and leadership. Not that i would want him considering we have Yaya who is ageing anyway. Depay is another who i have not seen much, but has a lot of potential. Can't really say much on Darmian as i have only seen him for Italy and Schneiderlin is a very sensible signing, without being a "marquee signing". Good signings if you ask me, definitely improved their squad tenfold.

If we do get De Bruyne and Pogba, then we would have completely blown their signings out of the water.

Anyway shall get back on topic...

De Bruyne would compliment our side perfectly and just wish Dzeko would shut up and stay away from the media about De Bruyne not being in any rush to come to City. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

To be fair to Txixi - the players Woodward has negotiated are not in the same league as the ones we're after - who else was after Schneiderlin - Rags or Arse... rags offered more than the Arse were prepared to pay - that's not negotiating. Schweinsteiger... he's a risk with recent injury record... and I didn't see anyone else clambering for him or Bayern fighting to keep him. Darmian - again a risk - hardly playing at the best of Italian clubs and is untried in the PL. All players that their parent clubs were happy to sell too... We're after the best players at their respective clubs, and getting them to sell them to us is a major task, so give the guy a break!

I completely agree with you, we are after A list targets, but there are always risks when going after the best players that everybody else wants.

We only have less than 3 weeks to get these signings in before the window so i expect a very busy few weeks in store!

Schweinsteiger is a great signing for the price. Yes, he will be 31 when the season starts, but for them, he will be instrumental.
Lol? Schweinsteiger would walk into our starting 11
Didn't say otherwise, just wouldn't want him at City now, you say its an aggressive signing, I say its an unambitious signing, and on a completely ridiculous wage if rumours are true.

Now lets stay on de Bruyne.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.