De Bruyne?

The Mirror article says that our opening offer will be £40m, but that we're prepared to pay up to £60m should it be necessary. It's just poor reporting.

As long as we play our cards well we shouldn't need to pay £60m. This is where Txiki needs to shine.

We'd be the world's worst poker players if we start briefing the newspapers how much we're willing to spend.

You lied to me Bluemoon. Never watch Bundesliga and asked @LoveCity to recommend a decent video or too which led to those "every touch" vids.

He is absolutely nowhere near a player coming in as an attacking mid for us like a Silva or a Nasri. He's a winger, a Navas replacement

He could play across the front 3 & behind the striker.

We'd be the world's worst poker players if we start briefing the newspapers how much we're willing to spend.

Hahahaha exactly

Mirror: 'So lads...how much are you going to spend on Kevin?'

City: 'We were thinking 40 million but PSSSSST we could go up to 60 million if pushed...but don't say owt *wink*'

Mirror: 'Course not...mum's the word'

I

I know you were being general, but we should never sacrifice anyone for Nando. He will simply have no role if both players come. Sorry to say, but none. Dihno and Delph all day when defensive steel is required.
Yeah I can't see Fernando getting in ahead of those 2, I'd agree with you. That's if he's even still here come September 1st.

You lied to me Bluemoon. Never watch Bundesliga and asked @LoveCity to recommend a decent video or too which led to those "every touch" vids.

He is absolutely nowhere near a player coming in as an attacking mid for us like a Silva or a Nasri. He's a winger, a Navas replacement
That's the way I've seen it, to play in a 3 with Aguero, with Silva or Nasri at the top of our midfield 3.

He could play across the front 3 & behind the striker.

Can't see him behind the striker mate. Doesn't have the ball retention of Silva and his left foot is something that he actively tries to avoid. If we're playing with a man behind the striker and then two lads cutting in then obviously it is extremely beneficial to be comfortable with both feet.

He doesn't run into blind alleys like Navas and sees the game better than him (and just to be clear, this is literally from watching some of those "every touch" videos on YT so others will know better), but he needs a bit of work. Quite a few times I was surprised by his first touch aswell, not so much from normal play but when controlling high balls coming into him.

He looks a very good counter attacking style winger who could probably decimate full backs every now and again but he's not a behind the striker type for me

I'm with Damo on this. He hasn't really wow'd me based on what I've consumed online from various clips. Feel like I'm missing something. He's a good player, clearly, but I don't get the mental delirium over him based on what I've seen. Someone tell me what I'm missing? Few nice long balls. Couple of great strikes and some decent driving runs is all I've seen so far. Some good crosses too. But nothing exceptional. Correct me if I'm wrong! Just expected more!

Yeah I can't see Fernando getting in ahead of those 2, I'd agree with you. That's if he's even still here come September 1st.

With the players coming in I don't think he ever makes out first eleven. However, just about the only thing he does well is protecting the centre backs in a three man midfield. I can see Pellegrini playing him in most of the away champs league games in this position.

I've been trying to shout this as loudly as possible. He'll play on the left of the 3 behind the striker. He used to be a winger, so he always drifts wide to pick up the ball and then runs with it. We will have a constantly interchanging front 4, but I would bet my life KDB spends most of his time wide left.

Which is also where we can make use of his delivery. No one is whipping in crosses from the number 10 position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.