De Bruyne?

The impression I got, and I could well be wrong on this, is that De Bruyne is happy to come but doesn't want to request a move and forsake a loyalty payment (or possibly tarnish his reputation with their fans should it fall through).

Wolfsburg, for their part, reluctantly accept that they can't really turn down a bid of that magnitude (despite the backing of VW), but don't want to be seen to be forcing him out of the door. It would anger their fans, and force them to pay the aforementioned "loyalty" bonus.

Thus, it's a stalemate at the moment hence our reluctance to make a formal bid at present. One that I'm pretty sure will be resolved sooner rather than later though, as it's not insurmountable.

Appreciate the information, Ric.

But one thing I do not understand, is this 'loyalty bonus' thing. If they submit a transfer, the forgo it. I they don't, they get their bonus.

Now, I don't begrudge what these guys earn, but an effing loyalty bonus seems to be taking the piss whatever happens.

I've been in the same job 24 years and....we'll fuck it, maybe I should seek new employment where they pay me a bonus for leaving should I not hand in my notice.

Now all we have to do is make an offer to Wolfsburg otherwise waste of time offering KDB... :-)

Fair enough mate. I am not sure De Bruyne would react so favourably to being dropped for the big premiership or Champs League matches or we would be pursuing him for the reported fee if that was our intention. If we did get Pogba the scenario is more likely but I cannot see it happening to accommodate Fernando or Delph

I think you're right about De Bruyne coming in expecting to play the big games, which is why i'm still a little puzzled by this transfer. With the money we're paying and the status he's reached over the last year, if he's to come in, he's coming as one of the main men but i just don't see him fitting in anywhere. I understand the whole rotation and injuries/suspension thing but when it comes to the big games our key players don't get rotated. Silva Aguero and Yaya all start every big game they're fit, add Sterling to that now and that's all the attack minded players we can field in a big game without being too gung-ho.

I think you're right about De Bruyne coming in expecting to play the big games, which is why i'm still a little puzzled by this transfer. With the money we're paying and the status he's reached over the last year, if he's to come in, he's coming as one of the main men but i just don't see him fitting in anywhere. I understand the whole rotation and injuries/suspension thing but when it comes to the big games our key players don't get rotated. Silva Aguero and Yaya all start every big game they're fit, add Sterling to that now and that's all the attack minded players we can field in a big game without being too gung-ho.

think he'll play in the left and be a starter

__________Aguero___________

Bruyne____Silva_____Sterling

______yaYa_Fernandinho_____

clichy_Mangala_Komps_Zab

think he'll play in the left and be a starter

__________Aguero___________

Bruyne____Silva_____Sterling

______yaYa_Fernandinho_____

clichy_Mangala_Komps_Zab
Sterling is far more effective on the left than he is on the right. I suppose they will interchange.

I really think evolving into a 4-2-3-1 will offer us more solidity and in fairness seems to be the default set up across Europe. One of the qualities Dzeko lacked was workrate of the ball, as highlighted by Muller after the Bayern game??, so the addition of that will improve this area. Similarly I think De Bruyne works a lot harder than Nasri and will offer us more protection on the left flank which is always an area of concern. The three I think we will have will be Fernandinho, Yaya and Silva, dropping in, when we do not have the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.