De Bruyne?

So to keep all the top players happy:

55b66e0f0e5bd.jpg

I mean that is just insane, but would still be dodgy defensively. Rather see Delph or Fernandinho instead of Yaya if we play all of De Bruyne, Silva and Sterling.
That right there is the dream, looks like a champions league side. Although, defense looks shaky on the left side, but I guess it all can't be fixed in one transfer window.

Not so sure about that, plus he's gone for a month and usually is pretty tired after that month... Last year he was a guaranteed starter but this year I'm not sure he earned that right.

He has earned the right, our midfield is terrible without him. He makes us tick. Pellegrini knows this. Kept playing him despite his piss poor form at the beginning of last season.

I think it will be one of Silva, KDB and Sterling who misses out against the good teams. I think Yaya, Delpth and Pogba (if we get him) will play as a midfield, then 2 of the aforementioned will play either side of Sergio.

He has earned the right, our midfield is terrible without him. He makes us tick. Pellegrini knows this. Kept playing him despite his piss poor form at the beginning of last season.
If he fails to track back and play defense again this year I don't see his spot cemented in. Love the player and his attacking/passing skills alone make him world class but it's hard to play him anything deeper than cam with his recent workrates...

I agree and there's no doubt Pellegrini will too, considering he kept playing him every game last season when he was well below par. But then if we get Pogba who will also be a guaranteed starter, we'd need to fit them in together which we couldn't do by playing Silva, Sterling and De Bruyne as well.

Only way we can fit him them all in is if we play 433 Barca style. Yaya as the #6, Pogba/Fernandinho as the #8 and Silva #10. Very suspect defensively though.

I think it will be one of Silva, KDB and Sterling who misses out against the good teams. I think Yaya, Delpth and Pogba (if we get him) will play as a midfield, then 2 of the aforementioned will play either side of Sergio.

(1) it will be much more flexible and changeable than that, depending on opponents/fitness etc (2) David Silva will not miss many games when fit, and no big games

We are in dire need of another top quality CM, we are not in need of another attacking midfielder. This signing also forces us to play Yaya in a pivot. Not ideal.
But as far as I can see Pogba is an attacking midfielder more than a central midfielder. He constantly drifts to a wide position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.