De Bruyne?

Still think seeing yaya on the team sheet makes the opposition more nervous and gives them a boost when he's not playing! He seems focused this year and hopefully keeps his head down, works hard and keeps his agents gob shut!

(1) it will be much more flexible and changeable than that, depending on opponents/fitness etc (2) David Silva will not miss many games when fit, and no big games
Neither will Yaya though imo. So we either play 2 in the middle to enable to Sterling, David and KDB to play (not really a good option as we will get outplayed in the middle by the top teams again) or one of KDB or Sterling will miss out.
Yaya has to play. People get on his back due to the things he does not do. They forget the things he does do and which are so important to how we play.

But as far as I can see Pogba is an attacking midfielder more than a central midfielder. He constantly drifts to a wide position.

That's because Juve play a diamond, him and Vidal have to make up for the lack of width.

Because not only is he our most creative player but he also dictates how we play. Added to that he is able to steamroller past the opposition and put the ball in the net. Then there is the penalties and free kicks. He does things no other player can do, nevermind any other of our players.

He is our most important player and makes the side tick, we're terrible without him.
And for a period last season, we were terrible with him. I agree, when he is focused he is awesome,
Because not only is he our most creative player but he also dictates how we play. Added to that he is able to steamroller past the opposition and put the ball in the net. Then there is the penalties and free kicks. He does things no other player can do, nevermind any other of our players.
Don't disagree if its the happy Yaya, its quite the opposite when he has a sulk on though

Have we had any actual updates on how this transfer is going lately? All I'm seeing is "where will he fit in talk".

Any news from the ITKs?

Formation for next season is clearly a flexible defensive 4-5-1/attacking 4-3-3, with the ability to rotate the wide players to each side of the field and also to provide a midfielder a rest by rotating the CF into a midfield position for a few minutes while one of the attacking midfielders takes a "breather." In addition, against a few teams, who also like 4-4-2, Pellets may revert to his favored formation in a more subtle 4-4-1-1, which we play as a 2-1-3-4 when we attack!!!

Football is not that hard when it comes to formations and the way you want to play. The key, and the thing that Mourinho does particularly well, is CHOOSING THE PLAYERS THAT FIT THE SYSTEM.

At City, we have a longstanding weakness of the raiding winger whipping the ball into the box and troubling the two center backs. Getting that sorted for the team that has led the Prem in scoring for two seasons in a row is what is required. Accordingly, it is good to see such young talent being developed for those positions, but I fear that our only significant weakness will be our Achilles heel all season. I hope not.

Oh, and shoot the fucking ball! A world beater passing move inside the box only gets you ONE goal and no style points....just like the first time shot! Silva could have scored against Real Madrid if he had hit it first time, ON HIS LEFT PEG no less, instead of giving Marcelo a chance to close him down while he jinked! Sometimes, when watching them train using those half field games, I cringe when they score a goal by jinking back and forth! Pelle should be on the sideline shouting "Shoot!" every time an attacker has an opening!!

Last edited:
And for a period last season, we were terrible with him. I agree, when he is focused he is awesome,

Don't disagree if its the happy Yaya, its quite the opposite when he has a sulk on though

Delph is the perfect signing to bring the best out of Yaya, he has legs and energy. Yaya should play like the ginger pig did in his later years at the rags. Taggart had it right, let Scholes dictate the play while Fletcher did all the work around him. Yaya and Delph could operate in a similar manner, with the added bonus that Yaya could burst through the oppositions soft belly when the opportunity arises.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.