De Bruyne?

Eric Wirral said:
Just what city need. A level headed young quality attacking midfielder with the passion and desire of James Milner. Nasri out and De Bruyne in is a big step in the right direction.

Absolutely this.

Yates said:
5948947 said:
Not really that arsed about this signing don't know why I'm just not

Same here!
Understandable. But here is a better way to look at it, he is better (or to be technically correct) more effective than either Nasri or Jovetic. Corner kicks, free kicks, Beckham type pinpoint long balls, shooting etc are way superior. Sure, he doesn't have the Barca-lite eloquent ball technique of the Silva, Nasri, YaYa, Aguero group. But he is good enough at it. As good as Jove, Navas, Dihno Milner and the like.

Fit matters, but I think he just might be a superb addition to our starting 11.

De Bruyne
Sterling
Pogba/Koke
Bernat
Kranevitter (loan him out)

No outright game changer, but this should improve our squad greatly. Especially the starting 11.

Dax777 said:
Yates said:
5948947 said:
Not really that arsed about this signing don't know why I'm just not

Same here!
Understandable. But here is a better way to look at it, he is better (or to be technically correct) more effective than either Nasri or Jovetic. Corner kicks, free kicks, Beckham type pinpoint long balls, shooting etc are way superior. Sure, he doesn't have the Barca-lite eloquent ball technique of the Silva, Nasri, YaYa, Aguero group. But he is good enough at it. As good as Jove, Navas, Dihno Milner and the like.

Fit matters, but I think he just might be a superb addition to our starting 11.

De Bruyne
Sterling
Pogba/Koke
Bernat
Kranevitter (loan him out)

No outright game changer, but this should improve our squad greatly. Especially the starting 11.

This fits with the sort of business we have done recently. He is a really solid and proven professional although probably not on the target list for the likes of Real / Bayern etc. I get the impression we like to go in early in the window and make decisive moves on players like this so I could see this being a done deal early on in the summer. With the loss of Milner and Lampard and Jovetic not making a big impact this makes perfect sense.

I’m a big advocate of having the right blend and numbers in a squad. I’d love to see Yaya, Milner, Jovetic, Lampard. Replaced by KDB, Pogba and Lopes. That would be four players out and three in (two signed and one EDS promoted). That’s the sort of progression I’d like to see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.