De Bruyne?

Dax777 said:
This kid isn't getting the respect he is due. He has been one of the best players in the Bundesliga this season. Yep better than Reus, the flavor of the month here. Perhaps Reus is in fact a better player, but nothing about this kid is average. Just because Chels a tot he wasn't good enough is not proof he isn't. For fuck sake, Chelsea tot Matic was not good enough, punned him off, only to go pays more to get him back. We already can see they wer also wrong about what Super Frank had left. Not to mention Mata. Big teams dump fantastic players all the time, this isn't proof the player isn't good enough, just that the team who gave up on him wanted to go a different route.

P.s: this kid outplayed Hazard at the Worldcup. Yep that Hazard, you know, the one that constantly flirts with the Prems best player award. This kid can be World class. He is pretty close and it looks like he is surely on the way. I'd jump at him if he became available. The notion that he is some journey man type is ridiculous. You don't put up the numbers he is putting up if you are some chump. He is very good, and we'd have done well if we got him

Not the best example.

Matt the Giant said:
This is exactly the kind of signing I look forward to the most. Young, gifted players who quite possibly could turn into world class members of our squad for many many years.
Every time i have seen De Bruyne he certainly impressed me.
He's talented, but then I heard and read some rumors that his attitude isn't great. Don't know if that's true, but I hope he works with the team and doesn't end up creating problems.

Silva_Spell said:
Dax777 said:
This kid isn't getting the respect he is due. He has been one of the best players in the Bundesliga this season. Yep better than Reus, the flavor of the month here. Perhaps Reus is in fact a better player, but nothing about this kid is average. Just because Chels a tot he wasn't good enough is not proof he isn't. For fuck sake, Chelsea tot Matic was not good enough, punned him off, only to go pays more to get him back. We already can see they wer also wrong about what Super Frank had left. Not to mention Mata. Big teams dump fantastic players all the time, this isn't proof the player isn't good enough, just that the team who gave up on him wanted to go a different route.

P.s: this kid outplayed Hazard at the Worldcup. Yep that Hazard, you know, the one that constantly flirts with the Prems best player award. This kid can be World class. He is pretty close and it looks like he is surely on the way. I'd jump at him if he became available. The notion that he is some journey man type is ridiculous. You don't put up the numbers he is putting up if you are some chump. He is very good, and we'd have done well if we got him

Not the best example.

Mata is still one of the best goal scoring number ten's around, put him in our side and he would be immense.

Chelsea could never turn that sort of money down when he clearly didn't fit Jose's template though.

always liked this player good pace and ability he dose not have an attitude just a determination to succeed and very hard working just cant see this happening thou we will see summer

sam-caddick said:
Silva_Spell said:
Dax777 said:

Not the best example.

Mata is still one of the best goal scoring number ten's around, put him in our side and he would be immense.

Chelsea could never turn that sort of money down when he clearly didn't fit Jose's template though.
Yes great managers sell great players to bring more balance to the squad. Chelsea might sell Cech and he is still the 2nd best keeper in the league.

Saying De Bruyne has been better than Reus this season is completely distorting what has actually happened. Reus was injured before the start of the season, missed preseason and played just 5 games. Half of those 5 games he was not even match fit and yet he still has more than a goal/assist per game. The two players are not comparable in anyway. Reus is leagues better than De Bruyne.

De Bruyne's biggest problem is he is not clinical enough. Up until a couple of weeks ago only Balotelli had more shots without a goal in the major leagues. However, it's not just shooting where he waste too many chances. He often fails to make the decisive pass. This is in part due to their lack of striker, but it's another weakness. Can he replace Nasri and Navas? Yes. Is he going to be on the level of Yaya, Silva and Aguero? No. Will he close the gap between City and the likes of Barca(usually)/Madrid/Bayern? No.

Hazard was terrible in the world cup, but De Bruyne was not great either. All of Belgium's attacking players were pretty poor and they went far, but did not impress as the world cup.

supercrystal7 said:
sam-caddick said:
Silva_Spell said:
Not the best example.

Yes great managers sell great players to bring more balance to the squad. Chelsea might sell Cech and he is still the 2nd best keeper in the league.

Saying De Bruyne has been better than Reus this season is completely distorting what has actually happened. Reus was injured before the start of the season, missed preseason and played just 5 games. Half of those 5 games he was not even match fit and yet he still has more than a goal/assist per game. The two players are not comparable in anyway. Reus is leagues better than De Bruyne.

De Bruyne's biggest problem is he is not clinical enough. Up until a couple of weeks ago only Balotelli had more shots without a goal in the major leagues. However, it's not just shooting where he waste too many chances. He often fails to make the decisive pass. This is in part due to their lack of striker, but it's another weakness. Can he replace Nasri and Navas? Yes. Is he going to be on the level of Yaya, Silva and Aguero? No. Will he close the gap between City and the likes of Barca(usually)/Madrid/Bayern? No.

Hazard was terrible in the world cup, but De Bruyne was not great either. All of Belgium's attacking players were pretty poor and they went far, but did not impress as the world cup.

I would love a Reus type winger myself, but if we were to get another number ten who would you suggest, mate?

sam-caddick said:
supercrystal7 said:
sam-caddick said:

I would love a Reus type winger myself, but if we were to get another number ten who would you suggest, mate?
I would suggest someone young with potential to be world class. Their overall level might not be as high as De Bruyne, but they could turn into something special. Any of the Schalke three of Draxler, Meyer, Goretzka would be worth signing, but you would have to give them time and be patient with them. Barkley is another obvious one, but he will cost a lot of money and once more you will have to give him time.

However, if you go for immediate success then you should be aiming for the likes of Ozil, Mata or Koke. You could probably get all three. All of them have their strengths and weaknesses, but all three are better than De Bruyne. Koke has played more out wide and could replace Nasri or the middle.

Realistically I would keep an eye on Bale and he should be City's no. 1 target.

If you want immediate realistic world class 10/winger player to take you another level.

1. Bale (if Madrid decide to sell)
2. Reus if Madrid don't decide to buy
3. Koke
4. Ozil
5. Mata

If you want talented youngster with potential of becoming world class

1. Barkley
2. Meyer
3. Draxler
4. Goretzka

I am no scout and only really watch Premiership, Bundesliga and Barcelona/Madrid/Atletico regularly. People will disagree and there are obviously other players in other leagues, but I am not going to comment on players I don't see on a regular basis.

De Bruyne would be an interesting buy for you folks. I've watched him extensively being one of Belgian Red Devil throng myself. Never really got a clear answer as to what happened with Jose and Chelsea re: De Bruyne. While Jose is use right in his personnel decisions I think he handled this situation wrong. Jose bailed himself out of the mess by getting Cesc this summer.

As for De Bruyne being lazy you don't normally lead the Bundesliga in KM in a season if you are lazy.

He was the main offensive weapon for Belgium in their World Cup qualifying run with 4 goals and 4 assists and he didn't even start the first two games.

He certainly has weaknesses the main one being his defensive play specifically his tackling which may have been why Jose didn't want him. His pass completion rate is low; however he also attempts more crosses and long balls than just about any player I've seen and his accuracy on those balls. is quite good.

Another weakness is that like most players he is quiet streaky and when he's bad he can be quite poor although even when he's not playing well he's often capable of providing a goal or an assist.

He reminds me a lot of Paul Scholes albeit a larger and more physical version.

The issue will be if fits stylistically and if his defensive weakness can be covered by others.

supercrystal7 said:
sam-caddick said:
supercrystal7 said:

I would suggest someone young with potential to be world class. Their overall level might not be as high as De Bruyne, but they could turn into something special. Any of the Schalke three of Draxler, Meyer, Goretzka would be worth signing, but you would have to give them time and be patient with them. Barkley is another obvious one, but he will cost a lot of money and once more you will have to give him time.

However, if you go for immediate success then you should be aiming for the likes of Ozil, Mata or Koke. You could probably get all three. All of them have their strengths and weaknesses, but all three are better than De Bruyne. Koke has played more out wide and could replace Nasri or the middle.

Realistically I would keep an eye on Bale and he should be City's no. 1 target.

If you want immediate realistic world class 10/winger player to take you another level.

1. Bale (if Madrid decide to sell)
2. Reus if Madrid don't decide to buy
3. Koke
4. Ozil
5. Mata

If you want talented youngster with potential of becoming world class

1. Barkley
2. Meyer
3. Draxler
4. Goretzka

I am no scout and only really watch Premiership, Bundesliga and Barcelona/Madrid/Atletico regularly. People will disagree and there are obviously other players in other leagues, but I am not going to comment on players I don't see on a regular basis.

We've done your Ozil fetish to death now. Just stop. Please.

Having watched both De Bruyne and Reus on a regular basis this season I would certainly go for De Bruyne based on performances.
He gets involved in the game, has plenty of energy and has the skill and goalscoring ability to go with it. Reus may be more gifted but tends to go missing in many matches especially when his team are on the back foot.
De Bruyne appears a more all round and team type of player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.