De Bruyne?

Agreed, mate. I'm not too worried, I think this will get over the line. Txiki's arse is on the line to get these big deals done, he won't let it get away. As for the Chelsea game, we'll just have to wait until Stamford Bridge ;)
He doesn't write the cheques. I'm quite happy with his judgement regardless of whether the deal(s) get done or not. Rather have him in there than anyone else I can think of

He doesn't write the cheques. I'm quite happy with his judgement regardless of whether the deal(s) get done or not. Rather have him in there than anyone else I can think of
Oh i'm happy with him too, I'm just referring to Khaldoon's statements at the beginning of pre-season that it was time we stopped missing out on big targets. I think that's a clear message to Txiki - get the big players in.

I think you all are somehow funny...

De Bruyne has a contract until 2019 and he is in a club that has big goals and needs him - and does not need money.

And there is no value in the market to replace him for money...
What kind of ambition is he showing by staying in the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg? The Premier League is the bigger league, City are bigger than Wolfsburg, we will offer him bigger wages, he will win more trophies with us.

What's funny about that?

Oh i'm happy with him too, I'm just referring to Khaldoon's statements at the beginning of pre-season that it was time we stopped missing out on big targets. I think that's a clear message to Txiki - get the big players in.

To think Khaldoon just turns up, makes a statement and then leaves people to it is a bit naive. His statement was to generate a sense of positivity surrounding the club to ensure fans bought season tickets and were aware that the club still desires to see an improvement. Txiki still has to work within set budgets and has been working for most of the season to identify and discuss transfers with potential targets. He's doing everything he can to not only improve the club but sign players for a good fee rather than just paying up. He's done well so far and we've still got a good enough squad to not need to panic and pay over the odds just to get players in a week or two earlier.

What kind of ambition is he showing by staying in the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg? The Premier League is the bigger league, City are bigger than Wolfsburg, we will offer him bigger wages, he will win more trophies with us.

What's funny about that?

Yes but he had a hard time in England, and Manchester is not a good town to live, to say that atleast. Maybe he is speculating about his next move next Year? I would love him here , but if No fine, get another Player ( Midfield)

To think Khaldoon just turns up, makes a statement and then leaves people to it is a bit naive. His statement was to generate a sense of positivity surrounding the club to ensure fans bought season tickets and were aware that the club still desires to see an improvement. Txiki still has to work within set budgets and has been working for most of the season to identify and discuss transfers with potential targets. He's doing everything he can to not only improve the club but sign players for a good fee rather than just paying up. He's done well so far and we've still got a good enough squad to not need to panic and pay over the odds just to get players in a week or two earlier.
I agree with you mate, I think he's doing an excellent job. But when it comes to De Bruyne, ultimately I think we will pay over what we want to if we have to. Not anything ridiculous though, I doubt the club would accept that as it sets a terrible precedent.

If De Bruyne doens't request a tranfser, he is going nowhere. You really think Wolfsburg want to sell now for any kind of money? They don't have a backup plan for KDB and are about to play in CL, where a good run will make them also a lot of money, and KDB even more worth next year.

I think you all are somehow funny...

De Bruyne has a contract until 2019 and he is in a club that has big goals and needs him - and does not need money.

And there is no value in the market to replace him for money...

I think you both need to look at this from City's perspective. It's undeniable that City are in deep negotiations with both Wolfsburg, and De Bruyne, regarding a transfer. Why would this be if Wolfsburg needed the player, didn't want to sell, and couldn't find an adequate replacement? Equally, why would this be the case if De Bruyne hadn't indicated, pretty strongly, that he desired a move to City?

It seems pretty clear that, for City to have been involved in this deal for the length of time they have been, that we have received the steer from both the players camp, and the Wolfsburg camp, that there is a desire to let this deal happen. Stating that Wolfsburg won't sell, or that they won't sell if De Bruyne doesn't hand in a transfer request, is simply ignoring what must have been discussed behind closed doors. Simply put, there's no way City would still be involved in this deal if we hadn't been told there was a very good chance of it happening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.