De Jong the mercenary ?

Re: De Jong the mercenary.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
cleavers said:
Impeccable said:
2nd post on page 10 of this thread.
Cheers, didn't see it as it was posted while I was posting, its a pity it wasn't in the first post really, it could have saved considerable bandwidth.

Bb85, nobody is "untouchable" at City these days.

I mean to the fans in the opinion. Some players can do no wrong and some players do the tiniest little thing and get 82 page threads on their left foot being slightly bigger than the right and people baying for their blood. NDJ due to his "hardman" rep and give all for the team is in the untouchable to criticism group
I knew exactly what you meant, and I don't think you are right, he got plenty of stick last year.

I'd be interested who else you think is on this "list" ? Personally I'd sooner none of them got any stick from their so called fans, we should all be behind all of them, but its never going to happen.

Yeah, proper mercenary! Have a word! And yeah, Mancini can see he is so one dimensional so he played him in our biggest ever game against QPR.

Pigeonho said:
80s Shorts said:
Pigeonho said:
Good luck to him.

I wouldnt say good luck to him but there is nothing we can do about it. It could possibly restrict us in the transfer market in the short term. Thats just the game nowadays, players hold most of the cards when they come to the end of their contracts.
Why not? He's doing, (if that is what he is doing), what any man would do in his position. He's given excellent service so if City is where he doesn't see his future and he can get a huge payday elsewhere, good luck to him.

Spot on.

Impeccable said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
It says he is happy here and he doesn't want to talk about contracts. It doesn't say i am staying or i will stay or anything like that really.

Like i said earlier he is on the untouchable list
I know what it says!!! Does it say 'I'm running down my contract. I want a big pay day''. ?

Go on BoyBlue... just answer the above question?

cleavers said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
cleavers said:
Cheers, didn't see it as it was posted while I was posting, its a pity it wasn't in the first post really, it could have saved considerable bandwidth.

Bb85, nobody is "untouchable" at City these days.

I mean to the fans in the opinion. Some players can do no wrong and some players do the tiniest little thing and get 82 page threads on their left foot being slightly bigger than the right and people baying for their blood. NDJ due to his "hardman" rep and give all for the team is in the untouchable to criticism group
I knew exactly what you meant, and I don't think you are right, he got plenty of stick last year.

I'd be interested who else you think is on this "list" ? Personally I'd sooner none of them got any stick from their so called fans, we should all be behind all of them, but its never going to happen.

Im not so much of a player critcisier myself I have my heat of the moment times. I actually haven't critcised NDJ here either. Kompany would be on that list. My example would be Lescott gets flak a lot quicker for the same type of mistake if they both made it. Everyone ignores for as long as possible when Silva goes off form but Nasri got mullered at every opportunity. Micah used to get all sorts of shit for not much.
For the record I dont think NDJ is a mercenary<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:34 am --<br /><br />
Impeccable said:
Impeccable said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
It says he is happy here and he doesn't want to talk about contracts. It doesn't say i am staying or i will stay or anything like that really.

Like i said earlier he is on the untouchable list
I know what it says!!! Does it say 'I'm running down my contract. I want a big pay day''. ?

Go on BoyBlue... just answer the above question?

I just answered that.

Give me a chance

the blue panther said:
Pigeonho said:
80s Shorts said:
I wouldnt say good luck to him but there is nothing we can do about it. It could possibly restrict us in the transfer market in the short term. Thats just the game nowadays, players hold most of the cards when they come to the end of their contracts.
Why not? He's doing, (if that is what he is doing), what any man would do in his position. He's given excellent service so if City is where he doesn't see his future and he can get a huge payday elsewhere, good luck to him.

Spot on.

If the club wants to sell but he refuses to go then that is at a detriment to the progression of the club. He is obviously within his rights to do so but the progression of the club is more important to me than the wallet of NDJ. Like I said though, there is little we can do about it.

80s Shorts said:
the blue panther said:
Pigeonho said:

Spot on.

If the club wants to sell but he refuses to go then that is at a detriment to the progression of the club. He is obviously within his rights to do so but the progression of the club is more important to me than the wallet of NDJ. Like I said though, there is little we can do about it.
How will it be a detriment to the club? We would use him as contracted, then he would go on his way at the end of that contract. We would then buy a replacement. I don't see the problem there....

Pigeonho said:
80s Shorts said:
the blue panther said:

How will it be a detriment to the club? We would use him as contracted, then he would go on his way at the end of that contract. We would then buy a replacement. I don't see the problem there....

We miss out on a fee

I'm pleased that De Jong appears to be staying, at least for the coming season. It's my belief that he will start the season as first choice midfielder alongside Yaya..

80s Shorts said:
the blue panther said:
Pigeonho said:

Spot on.

Very interesting. Who has he refused to join?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.