De Jong the mercenary ?

Re: De Jong the mercenary.

I'm fucking sick of 'football fans' who slate players like De Jong. They are morons who don't understand that football isn't just pass the ball to Messi and let him do a load of tricks and score a wondergoal.

I was listening to 5Live yesterday and the commentator didn't want to talk about how close the centrebacks were because it was "too technical."

There are to many brain dead football fans with too many ill informed opinions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...les-Bayern-Munich-switch-Manchester-City.html

De Jong rules out Bayern switch as Dutch ace targets more silverware at City

By Sportsmail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 11:02, 30 July 2012 | UPDATED: 11:04, 30 July 2012

Nigel de Jong has ruled out the prospect of a summer switch to Bayern Munich after the Dutch midfielder declared he is happy to stay at Manchester City.

The 27-year-old has just 12 months remaining on his current four-year deal deal and is yet to pen to paper on a contract extension.

Bundesliga giants Bayern are keen to offer the former Hamburg star a return to Germany but De Jong insists he wants to fight for his place at the Etihad Stadium and help Roberto Mancini's Barclays Premier League champions compete for honours on all fronts this season.

'I don’t want to talk about that at the moment, it’s not in my mind – however, I’m playing football and I’m happy here,' De Jong said, speaking to the Manchester Evening News.

'I’m happy when I’m on the pitch and when I’m playing; football’s the most beautiful game in the world and you have to enjoy every moment.

'We set ourselves the goal of taking it step by step. We won the FA Cup last year, then the Premier League last season, so the next thing is the Champions League.

'However, that doesn’t change the fact that we’re in for all the titles this year – Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup and League Cup.

'We want to win them all but we have to maintain our focus.'

Impeccable said:
End of pointless thread.

IMO we probably want to sell but he wants to run down his contract to enable him to get a huge signing on fee.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Impeccable said:
End of pointless thread.

Not really the end at all as he still only has 12 months on his contract and in 5 months time he can talk to foreign based clubs about a move for free

Try to read what De Jong actually says. Actual quotes from the man himself. Please, just try.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.