De Jong the mercenary ?

Re: De Jong the mercenary.

80s Shorts said:
If the club wants to sell but he refuses to go then that is at a detriment to the progression of the club. He is obviously within his rights to do so but the progression of the club is more important to me than the wallet of NDJ. Like I said though, there is little we can do about it.
How do you know the club want to sell then ? He was a very good option on a number of occasions last year, maybe the club are happy with the situation as it is. If a club wants him, then I'm sure if they offered him the right terms, and Mancini indicated he didn't mind him going, then I'm sure he'd go.

Can't say it bothers me, and it certainly doesn't make him any more a mercenary than any other footballer.

King Of All Geordies said:
I'm pleased that De Jong appears to be staying, at least for the coming season. It's my belief that he will start the season as first choice midfielder alongside Yaya..

He wont as proved many times last season but he is very useful to the club especially as a substitute

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Pigeonho said:
80s Shorts said:
If the club wants to sell but he refuses to go then that is at a detriment to the progression of the club. He is obviously within his rights to do so but the progression of the club is more important to me than the wallet of NDJ. Like I said though, there is little we can do about it.
How will it be a detriment to the club? We would use him as contracted, then he would go on his way at the end of that contract. We would then buy a replacement. I don't see the problem there....

We miss out on a fee
But gain his services for the remainder of that contract.

meldrew said:
Am I still asleep? This thread surely cannot be real!!

I know people have there own opinions but Christ I've never seen a thread where people are so wrong.

His agent isn't Kia, he's far from a mercenary and he played a pivotal role in our recent success.

Its him that helped set up the FA cup final goal, yayas two against Newcastle and of course sergios v qpr.

Some fans really need to open their eyes.

And there brains.
Ndj would be in virtually every other premier leagues 11 without a shadow of a doubt

BoyBlue_1985 said:
King Of All Geordies said:
I'm pleased that De Jong appears to be staying, at least for the coming season. It's my belief that he will start the season as first choice midfielder alongside Yaya..

He wont as proved many times last season but he is very useful to the club especially as a substitute

I guess we'll have to wait and see! My feeling is that Barry won't be fully fit for the start of the season, and its in that scenario that I see De Jong getting the nod over Milner for one the two central midfield positions..

Some are happy to have a pop and accuse him on here. I suggest they tweet him and ask him directly. Give the bloke a chance to defend himself.

Would be interesting to see his response posted on here.

Impeccable said:
Some are happy to have a pop and accuse him on here. I suggest they tweet him and ask him directly. Give the bloke a chance to defend himself.

Are you his agent?

Everyone is allowed their opinion

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Impeccable said:

Are you his agent?

Everyone is allowed their opinion

Yes they are, I don't dispute that. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it. Seriously, try tweeting him.

ANewEra... said:
He would walk into every other team in the epl.
He´s not a starter for us... just 11 starts in PL last season, tbf to him Barry really upped his game last season and was magnificent, kept Nigel out the team. If Nigel leaves I´m confident Milner will do a great job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.