De Rossi (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
chesterbells said:
http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/manchester-city-target-holds-crunch-talks-over-rom

Here we go ;)

Ancelotti at PSG has been commenting this week on De Rossi, saying how it is obvious a club like PSG have been linked with a player like De Rossi but he thinks he won't leave, left the conversation by saying he will see what happens in January.

I am telling you now, if he finally becomes available and we miss out on him to PSG I cannot tell you how annoyed and dissapointed I will be at the club for not getting him.

Him next to Yaya would practically complete our midfield and make it a world beater in the Champions League, I peronally believe he is the best defensive midfilder in the world, Yaya is more attack minded.

The two would compliment each other so well if you ask me.

I didnt pal, but I agree 100%!
I think RM has pursued him for so long and city have made their interest in the player so obvious to him that I'd be amazed if we didn't go big on him regardless of age.
When you think of the money we have shelled out on average to good players this summer it's especially galling.
Don't agree at all with this "let him rot/ he's had his chance" stuff although I can see why it's said

probably to PSG tbh makes more sense we have way too many CMs as is right now and someone would have to get frozen out which is already starting to be the case with milner/ rodwell we just don't have the room anymore

We'll still be chasing this guy when he's 40. How many times to we need to be snubbed by this guy before Mancini gets the message - It's embarassing.

If he was going to carry on trying to sign him then why did we buy Garcia AND Rodwell. Starting to think there are better younger options out there we could try and get in the summer.

Get the scouts working - someone needs to tell Mancini the world is bigger than Italy

onceabluealways said:
We'll still be chasing this guy when he's 40. How many times to we need to be snubbed by this guy before Mancini gets the message - It's embarassing.

If he was going to carry on trying to sign him then why did we buy Garcia AND Rodwell. Starting to think there are better younger options out there we could try and get in the summer.

Get the scouts working - someone needs to tell Mancini the world is bigger than Italy

There is a difference between Mancini chasing him and deluded fans chatting there know fuck all gums off in a transfer forum

I would be interested to know how his custody case is progressing, anyone know?

With the departure of Yaya for the ACON in January, Mancini appears to be trying to add some steel and proven quality to our midfield.

Rodwell looked like he was trying to hide when he was introduced in the CL.

Jesus Wept, MUEN running a story about DDR on their website today.
Will this ever end ?

Very good article in Sabotage Times regarding De Rossi, I really lke the last paragraph on how it pretty much sums up the article on a whole.

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/why-mancini-wont-let-go-of-his-de-rossi-dream/

Despite committing to AS Roma, the Italy international is again being linked with a January switch to City. Mancini just won't let the midfielder slip through his fingers...

It may seem from the outside that Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini is well-stocked in central midfield, but he’s been chasing De Rossi for some time and has been linked with a fresh bid in the New Year… Here’s everything you need to know about the Little Gladiator…

The scene at the end of Fight Club where the Pixies grind up “Where Is My Mind” to the backdrop of collapsing buildings could well be an apt metaphor for Daniele De Rossi’s somewhat turbulent life of late.

The AS Roma midfielder has gone from becoming the on-pitch leader elect for both club and country to someone seemingly numbed by the rigours and pressures of the intense, in-your-face world of Italian – or should that be Roman – football.

Now 29, and no longer at ease with the moniker “The Little Gladiator”, De Rossi’s demeanour suggests that he has had to face up to the fact that he must enter adulthood both professionally and away from the pitch as he attempts to discover his sense of being.

This path to enlightenment may mean breaking away from what some would define as the suffocating confines of home where he was once feted for his warrior spirit but now ridiculed for overstepping the mark.

De Rossi’s demeanour suggests that he has had to face up to the fact that he must enter adulthood

He lifted the lid on the double-edge world of football most recently after another errant elbow had left an opponent clutching his face in pain, with the lament, “they used to treat me like their own and tell me to throw another elbow but now they distance themselves from me.”

Born in the hardcore Roma suburb of coastal Ostia, it could only ever be the Giallorossi for the fair-haired youngster – whose father Alberto led the youth team to the title this year – who started out as a striker before his physical attributes and neat touch found a more natural outlet in midfield where he made his first-team debut in 2001.

“The things I do are instinctive and you ask me to set an example but look at where we play football, in crumbling stadiums where violence is part of the afternoon”

However, always further down the road to legendary status in the Capital was Francesco Totti who continues to exert an iron grip over the club and the feeling is that as long as il capitano is there then De Rossi will remain an ever-more brooding figure in the shadows.

Born in the hardcore Roma suburb of coastal Ostia, it could only ever be the Giallorossi for the fair-haired youngster – whose father Alberto led the youth team to the title this year

While Totti has played it to perfection – family man, hero to the masses; his fellow Roman has seen his marriage fall apart, dragged into the headlines away from the sports pages when his father-in-law was found dead, the victim of an apparent gangland revenge killing – and then those ever-increasing on-pitch incidents when the red mist descends and the elbows starting flailing.

Totti has had his fair share of red cards but at times one gets the feeling that they are calculated to play to the stands, but with De Rossi they arrive out of the heat of the battle for domination in the centre of pitch.

“Do I have to win a match or set a good example?” he recently questioned journalists. “The things I do are instinctive and you ask me to set an example but look at where we play football, in crumbling stadiums where violence is part of the afternoon – it is Italian football that does not set a good example.”

Clearly these are not the musings of your over-pampered footballer star, but of someone who has had his eyes opened to wilder issues through his own experiences as well as devouring the articles of Roberto Saviano, the journalist and author of Gomorrah.

De Rossi they arrive out of the heat of the battle for domination in the centre of pitch

A new convert to independent films … “I was touched by Of Gods and Men …” as well as the music of Mumford and Sons, “I liked Oasis for a long time and still listen to them and then I got into listening to my father’s Bob Dylan records …” after his separation he moved into the historic centre, a few minute’s walk from Campo de’ Fiori where every morning the piazza is alive to the earthy smells and the local dialect of the colourful fruit and vegetable market.

It can still be described as a no-nonsense area where a local boy can enjoy a beer or coffee amongst his own – and it was where De Rossi relaxed the morning after the last derby win, Roma shirt under his sweat-top as he joked with some Lazio fans; his mood darkened only when those fierce old rivals admitted that victory would have been theirs if Totti had been wearing sky blue.

The city is in his blood and with all Romans it would tear him apart to leave but to find true peace of mind and reach his full potential it may be time to say Arrivederci Roma, Buongiorno Manchester…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.