De Rossi (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we could all be reading too much into the presser on Tuesday. It will just be the agreed time for him to give his pre-season thoughts both he and Tiote interviews are pre-arranged diary dates arranged and advertized in advance, and most Roma players give a pre-season presser, it's just the way that Roma do things. I would have thought that if this is for real then tomorrow will be the day.

Don't discard the Moneyball theory, Roma although financially stable do not have the means to sustain his salary and never did have.

Being such a figure head at Roma, if he was to ever leave he would do it via press conference.

What people fail to realise is that this sort of transfer has not happened in modern football, not to my memory anyway!

If Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs or Steven Gerrard was to leave their clubs, they would do it via press conference as they are so close to their relative clubs!

If De Rossi was staying, he would just come out and say so, why does he have to have a press conference to show reasons for him staying, thats just stupid! Whilst if he was to leave, a press conference would be the most appropriate way!

I'm keeping my hope up! Watch this space I would say!

80s Shorts said:
SWP's back said:
80s Shorts said:
Didnt offend me at all mate. The discussion between you and me will get lost in the thread. However, what you said was blatently untrue and I just thought I would point it out to you.
Well you're wrong to as it wasn't.

Now talk to someone that gives a shit fella.

I'm here for news on DDR, not a chat with you.

-- Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:43 pm --

80s Shorts said:
Didnt offend me at all mate. The discussion between you and me will get lost in the thread. However, what you said was blatently untrue and I just thought I would point it out to you.

You are doing a great job of not giving a shit "fella".

"lol" , you like to do that to demean posters so thought you would appreciate it fella.
3 edits for that? Pmsl

Wonder why this didn't happen last month. If he wants to come, great. If not and he snubs us in 2 days, we only have 10 days before the end of the transfer window.

80s Shorts said:
SWP's back said:
80s Shorts said:

-- Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:43 pm --

80s Shorts said:

Think you mean "too" not to.
No I meant "to" so buy a fucking dictionary.

The_Swan said:
I think we could all be reading too much into the presser on Tuesday. It will just be the agreed time for him to give his pre-season thoughts both he and Tiote interviews are pre-arranged diary dates arranged and advertized in advance, and most Roma players give a pre-season presser, it's just the way that Roma do things. I would have thought that if this is for real then tomorrow will be the day.

Don't discard the Moneyball theory, Roma although financially stable do not have the means to sustain his salary and never did have.

How so ?

I dont have enough info regarding Romas financial situation.

Why can they not sustain a salary which they have recently agreed over 5 years ?

80s Shorts said:
We thought Hazard was a media slag. WTF

Not really he isn't putting it all over Twitter and saying 'ooo look at me', he is probably doing it to say he is staying and show he is loyal to Roma, as well as putting an end to all these rumours. I doubt it would have being his decision to do the press conference either, unless he is doing it because he is leaving and wants to say goodbye properly and explain his decision...

sam-caddick said:
Being such a figure head at Roma, if he was to ever leave he would do it via press conference.

What people fail to realise is that this sort of transfer has not happened in modern football, not to my memory anyway!

If Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs or Steven Gerrard was to leave their clubs, they would do it via press conference as they are so close to their relative clubs!

If De Rossi was staying, he would just come out and say so, why does he have to have a press conference to show reasons for him staying, thats just stupid! Whilst if he was to leave, a press conference would be the most appropriate way!

I'm keeping my hope up! Watch this space I would say!

I hope you prove me wrong and you are bang on right Sam!

celticfc482 said:
dancity19 said:
It seems a bit bizarre to put a date on it, if it was to announce he was leaving. With all transfers it will always leak that the club has accepted an offer etc.

Therefore, if he was to announce he was leaving on tuesday, that suggests we already have an agreement in place; but no matter how water tight people think we conduct our dealings now, I really doubt that there would not be more around this.

He isn't just going to have a press conference to say he is leaving before it has been leaked that we have agreed a fee; the club needs to be made out to be the bad guy first, surely?

I think it will either be to say he is staying, or more than likely it will be nothing to do with us whatsoever.

I agree, I dont think we ever had any chance of signing him, the fact the english media havent really spoken about it suggests that it is very much rumours, and just stupid links with city because mancini likes him.

You're right. Celtic never did have any chance of signing him.

City however...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.