Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am saying that the club will lose 100 million pounds if we let his contract run down. That is a lot of revenue, that you as a supporter and with a valid opinion thinks is a good idea, if we get to watch him next season.
Fans only think about money, revenue , when ticket prices go up, and perhaps they need to think about a bigger picture.
I love him as a player, but the club know if he wants to stay or not. If he wants to go get an auction started.
No , I doubt if ticket prices will be reduced, but if the club is not run well, the football you pay for will not be as good.

I get that and I was half waiting for someone to post that point since I wrote it. But, at the end of the day, I'm not burdened with having to manage the finances of the club and would rather just watch the players I enjoy watching on the pitch for us. Ticket prices will continue to get more and more unreasonable regardless of what happens with Leroy so I'll just enjoy the ride and attend matches when I can justify it.

The rest of the time I'll be doing what the majority do and watch the games online for free. Funnily enough, that also probably has an effect on ticket and subscription prices but I'm not really arsed about that either.

As as supporter, give me Leroy next season and I'll be happier than the club taking the fee (which I highly doubt will be close to £100m but that's a different discussion). Maybe my thoughts would be different if I was confident we'd find an adequate replacement who can provide as much excitement.

I get that and I was half waiting for someone to post that point since I wrote it. But, at the end of the day, I'm not burdened with having to manage the finances of the club and would rather just watch the players I enjoy watching on the pitch for us. Ticket prices will continue to get more and more unreasonable regardless of what happens with Leroy so I'll just enjoy the ride and attend matches when I can justify it.

The rest of the time I'll be doing what the majority do and watch the games online for free. Funnily enough, that also probably has an effect on ticket and subscription prices but I'm not really arsed about that either.

As as supporter, give me Leroy next season and I'll be happier than the club taking the fee (which I highly doubt will be close to £100m but that's a different discussion). Maybe my thoughts would be different if I was confident we'd find an adequate replacement who can provide as much excitement.

I cannot fault you especially when tozzers like me pay £80quid a month, and £600 for a card.
Many posters on here , use dodgy streams, dont know where the Etihad is, and think pep cant pick a team.
Beginning to think who is the fool.

I cannot fault you especially when tozzers like me pay £80quid a month, and £600 for a card.
Many posters on here , use dodgy streams, dont know where the Etihad is, and think pep cant pick a team.
Beginning to think who is the fool.

We're all fools in another fool's eyes. I'd just encourage anyone else with tight pockets to have a look at the academy games.

I don't know how we have gone from the centurians season to this,having said that when he did play last season his goals and assists were there and won us at least the dipper game and maybe the rags game? his skills have been sorely missed imo

Spot on Karen, he has been sorely missed. He ripped it up 2 years ago and has it in him to be world class. We must do all we can to keep him, he offers something no other player does. We will find it impossible to replace him.

I miss his ability to beat a man and he's a natural finisher too which would help with our profligacy. Sterling has great off the ball movement but Leroy is a better player in every other aspect in my opinion.

I don't know what our current offer is but I wonder if the club are starting to think they may have undervalued him. I'm not saying offer him KDB money but I think his ability warrants being in the bracket below. Unfortunately, I think the lack of game time last season was probably what made his mind up he needed to leave.

Leroy Sané’s new agents are negotiating with ‘everyone’ - Bayern Munich and Manchester City will have to decide whether they wish to negotiate again. [@SamLee via ‘Why Always Us’ Podcast]

Juventus are considering making a move for Leroy Sane in the summer. The Italian champions have closely monitored his injury progress and the club are keen to assess the possibility of signing Sane from Manchester City at the end of the season. [@cmdotcom]

Bayern Munich president, Herbert Hainer: “[Leroy] Sané is a great player that we are interested in, which is also known. Now you have to see how he comes back after his injury." [@Sportde via @Sport_Witness]

A transfer to Bayern Munich is still ‘unsecure’ for Leroy Sané as talks between Bayern and Sané’s new management have came to a halt. [@Plettigoal]

Last edited:
I'd be happy with him running down his contract if it means getting to watch him play for another year.
Or, we can recognize that it isn't 2002 anymore and that there are plenty of extremely talented players who would love to come play for Manchester City. With the best will in the world, Leroy isn't Messi or Mbappe. I would prefer we just sell the guy that doesn't want to be here then buy someone, who is also very good and exciting, who does.

Or, we can recognize that it isn't 2002 anymore and that there are plenty of extremely talented players who would love to come play for Manchester City. With the best will in the world, Leroy isn't Messi or Mbappe. I would prefer we just sell the guy that doesn't want to be here then buy someone, who is also very good and exciting, who does.

Who is realistically available and shares the combination of skillset and natural attributes that he has? The names we've been sporadically linked with just don't compare, in my opinion.

Who is realistically available and shares the combination of skillset and natural attributes that he has? The names we've been sporadically linked with just don't compare, in my opinion.

For a variety of reasons we are possibly going to end up selling Sane and getting a fraction of his value and simultaneously buying a replacement and probably get ourselves fleeced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.