Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't had many dark moments since the takeover by The Sheikh - F A Cup Final 2013, C. L. QF 2nd leg last season; more previous, not qualifying for the CL in May 2010, etc - but this is one of those dark moments for me - losing a player of his ability. Losing important games, whilst gutting at the time, has the potential to be compensated for..................' there's always next season '...................

Leroy, in my opinion, could have become one of the best players in the World - pre injury, anyway...............we can only see if he will be as good as he was at City as he will be with Bayern Munich. Certainly, he is one of the most exciting players in the World for me; his skill, runs at defences, cutting in and shooting scoring and goals/assists are what we pay to go to watch football for. When he signed and started at City, we knew we had a special player - had he played all or part of this season, who knows how things might have turned out. Of course, that is all speculation but look at the games at Norwich, home to/at Wolves and both League games against United - he'd have added something different.

I accept that if a player doesn't want to stay, we can't force him to do so and he's got his own reasons for going - probably one of them being not enough game time and, possibly, his relationship with Pep. I'm not even going to comment on the fee they paid for him.................

Dark day for me and I hope it doesn't get any worse later on............

We haven't had many dark moments since the takeover by The Sheikh - F A Cup Final 2013, C. L. QF 2nd leg last season; more previous, not qualifying for the CL in May 2010, etc - but this is one of those dark moments for me - losing a player of his ability. Losing important games, whilst gutting at the time, has the potential to be compensated for..................' there's always next season '...................

Leroy, in my opinion, could have become one of the best players in the World - pre injury, anyway...............we can only see if he will be as good as he was at City as he will be with Bayern Munich. Certainly, he is one of the most exciting players in the World for me; his skill, runs at defences, cutting in and shooting scoring and goals/assists are what we pay to go to watch football for. When he signed and started at City, we knew we had a special player - had he played all or part of this season, who knows how things might have turned out. Of course, that is all speculation but look at the games at Norwich, home to/at Wolves and both League games against United - he'd have added something different.

I accept that if a player doesn't want to stay, we can't force him to do so and he's got his own reasons for going - probably one of them being not enough game time and, possibly, his relationship with Pep. I'm not even going to comment on the fee they paid for him.................

Dark day for me and I hope it doesn't get any worse later on............
Nowt we could do I don't think. Once he wasn't picked for the Germany World Cup squad that was it. Think he would have stayed otherwise.

Sad to see him go as he's one of the most talented players I've seen at City and there's no doubt in my mind that he'll go on to be one of the best in world football.

Whatever made him to want to leave, whether he felt undervalued by our contract offer and lack of playing time last season or whether he just wanted a new challenge at one of the biggest clubs in Europe which also happens to be in his home country. It doesn't really matter now.

Cheers Leroy for the important role you played in two historic league title wins and a handful of domestic trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.