Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree,it's too late for us to get a like for like,,two players not related to a left winger is no consolation
Maybe we don't want like for like, maybe Pep has different plans, and maybe that's why Sane didn't start much Pep wants something different from his wide men. Maybe that's why the interest in Cancelo to get width from his full backs.

I'm quite relaxed about selling him if he isn't going to sign an extension , however if (big if but still not impossible) we get a transfer ban next season and don't replace him this summer we would be seriously weakened .

And how much would a similar player cost to replace Leroy? 150m plus surely? So why are we selling him so cheaply? 100m is nowhere near his worth.
We're having our pants pulled down again.

Pleased to see that most of the comments on here are restrained. If we were Liverpool fans we would have already launched a racist, media-backed witchunt against Leroy like they did with Raheem. Sane has been a great player for us, especially in those games where we needed to unlock tight defences. It's a shame he is off to the most poisonous club in Germany but I do actually wish him well. He must have been under huge pressure from his family and you can't blame him for the sort of money on offer (if it's true) Moving forward I have total trust in Pep to maintain our momentum.

Just to clarify I’m not happy at losing Leroy, he’s already one of the best wingers about and has the capacity to improve further. It’ll be a huge loss and I’d have kept him at all costs so I agree with you there.

I’m just speculating on Sancho as he fits the age profile we’d need for a Sane replacement and he also has outrageous potential in my opinion. Any signing would be a gamble to a degree, as long as Jadon had the desire to come back and learn from Pep I don’t see why he couldn’t flourish. There’ll be other young winger options out there too that I’m not aware of. If Leroy wants out we have to get as much as we can for him and move on.
The problem with getting Sancho would be he would once again want assurances about his first team involvement which pep wouldnt do. I suspect.this would be the same problem if we were in for him. The answer would be the same. Pep will not guarantee it this time as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.