Dear Atheists..

Well, my efforts have got you thinking a bit which is probably a step in the right direction. Every little helps.
I'm not thinking about your god though...I'm just amazed at how desperate you are. Theists' arguments only ever convince me of how deluded people can be. You tick all the boxes.

Where you say there is "undeniably something", what do you mean by this? If you mean a god, I would most definitely deny it on the balance of probabilities.
Good luck getting an answer to that one mate. This is what religious people do. They profess to follow a particular notion of God that is quite clearly laid out in thousands of pages of detail, yet when defending the existence of said god, suddenly retreat to the vaguest, most ill-defined 'higher powers' and 'somethings.' Almost as if the actual claims of the religion they follow are indefensible and they know it.

Can god grow a cucumber too big to put his own arse?

Last edited:
The entire basis of the Christian religion is that the "new covenant" supersedes the old one. It's a very daft question.
<us evangelicals wanting the 10 commandments in schools enters the room>

instead of getting all high and mighty like you normally do
you haven't understood my point i was making to johnny in that he said you're fools for taking the old testament as " gospel
when the new is full of just as much nastiness
and by the way being raised in a catholic household gives me a good insight thank you very much
and on the internet mining especially the gospel bits, if you disagree with any of it feel free

You say it gives you a good insight but you fundamentally misunderstand the core concept of Christianity and then use quote mining. It would be like picking a line from a Harry Potter book and saying this represents the entire series. It's not a serious argument.

<us evangelicals wanting the 10 commandments in schools enters the room>

The theology of a religion is not defined by small sects who use it politically. Or are you suggesting ISIS represents the Islamic faith well?

The theology of a religion is not defined by small sects who use it politically. Or are you suggesting ISIS represents the Islamic faith well?
Err no, I was just pointing out one example of a Christian group extolling and pushing the virtues of the Old Testament, which happened to be the most recent I could think of.

I remember as a kid being told at school about Noah’s ark, as though it was Christian gospel… now that’s 50 years ago, and the school wasn’t evangelical, it wasn’t even church affiliated.

As with all religions, their adherencers pick and choose what they want to highlight and follow, and ignore what they don’t want.

It’s a con, it’s preying on the weak and easily led.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.