Dear Atheists..

With an openly atheist PM installed here I think we'll soon get to taste more of the bitter fruits of a godless society. He's a big fan of assisted dying so that's good news for those who don't want to be a burden on their loved ones. I do admire his honesty in admitting it but no big deal these days apparently. Significant change from the two previous Labour prime ministers though and at least the Chancellor, Foreign & Health Secretaries will be on hand to provide the theist perspective should he feel the the need of it.
What EXACTLY is the “theist perspective” on British politics? What did God, or even his son, say on the matter of a multicultural democracy and its interaction with the world?

Is he the first athiest PM ,don't really know for sure but doubt it. Does it matter ,not a bit.
It does matter. It means there's a chance that they will govern by humanity, science and logic.

A religious leader... now that falls at the 1st hurdle, as they are already governed themselves by blind faith and illogic thought.

1. Regarding "no religion' being more likely to support assisted dying. That's just basic logic. Atheist's believe that when you die, you die. There's no inner turmoil about whether a mythical soul will end up in a place called Heaven or Hell when you die. It's not hard to work that out surely? If you live by the command of a mythical being, then you will be subject to the issues raised in following that mysticism related to whatever they say happens about death.

2. Regarding the "risk of coercion and elder abuse' - oh yes, it needs plenty of oversight, a very strong and complete set of guidelines and rules. But for someone who suffers immeasurable pain and suffering for decades, with no prospect of a cure or relief, are you really lacking compassion for that person, when they knowingly choose to end their suffering in their own dignified way? Or is it just thoughts and prayers for their time of suffering, and it will be fine when they naturally die, as it will be great in the afterlife?
Legalise euthanasia and watch the global hedge funds switch from creating vape shops, tooth whitening salons & no fuss cremations to drop in gas chambers.
What EXACTLY is the “theist perspective” on British politics? What did God, or even his son, say on the matter of a multicultural democracy and its interaction with the world?
If I ever got the chance I'd ask Ms Reeves and Mssrs Lammy & Streeting but suspect their answer as committed Christians would be similar to that of 'cultural' ones like Richard Dawkins - it's bequeathed to Western civilization from a fading religion.

Last edited:
Legalise euthanasia and watch the global hedge funds switch from creating vape shops, tooth whitening salons & no fuss cremations to drop in gas chambers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_euthanasia - There are currently 9 countries with legalized Euthanasia.

I haven't heard about any gas chambers springing up in NZ, portugal, belgium, holland, luxembourg, spain, canada, colombia and ecuador, they must be doing it underground....

...or perhaps you actually mean 'Assisted suicide' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assisted_suicide.
Again I really haven't heard about gas chambers being built in Canada, Spain, most of Australia, large parts of the US, etc.

Don't be an arse and type (let alone believe - ha!) hypobolic nonsense.

Is he the first athiest PM ,don't really know for sure but doubt it. Does it matter ,not a bit.
Don't recall one specifically admitting it before - the other 21st century ones except Truss all said they were firm believers in God. Doesn't matter to you clearly others may think it does.
...Don't be an arse and type (let alone believe - ha!) hypobolic nonsense.
if you're going to resort to insults do try to spell them correctly.

...and in a typical fashion, ignore the gist of a post, and reply with something completely irrelevant.

The way of a person, when presented with facts demolishing their own thoughts.

Don't recall one specifically admitting it before - the other 21st century ones except Truss all said they were firm believers in God. Doesn't matter to you clearly others may think it does.

I've never met anyone that's ever been bothered or even brought it up. Which explains why I haven't the slightest idea which PMs believe in a god, say they do but don't really and those that don't. I don't believe more than a handful here and there vote for prime ministers based on their religion.
If you believe all the 21st century PM s all happened to believe in a god I think you're naive at best ,it's highly unlikely, far more likely they lied.

I've never met anyone that's ever been bothered or even brought it up. Which explains why I haven't the slightest idea which PMs believe in a god, say they do but don't really and those that don't. I don't believe more than a handful here and there vote for prime ministers based on their religion.
If you believe all the 21st century PM s all happened to believe in a god I think you're naive at best ,it's highly unlikely, far more likely they lied.

I'd have thought that most people who get to the top job say they believe in god but suspiciously sign off on the killing of people so it's just for effect.

Our lot are just faking it, the real dangerous ones are the ones that really believe it and set their clocks by it.

I happen to know Tony Blair and can assure you he is a devout Roman Catholic. The others I don't know personally but there is little doubt Gordon Brown as a son of The Manse is a staunch Presbyterian and Theresa May a committed Anglican. David Cameron memorably described himself as 'evangelical Christian', Rishi Sunak is incontestably an orthodox Hindu and Boris Johnson (like Blair) a famous if controversial Catholic convert. I don't know about Truss but think she isn't religious. As to whether their religious beliefs affect voters intentions these days you may well be right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.