Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much would he cost if he wasn’t English ?
I don't think much different.

Find me a better option who brings his ability and leadership and is already Prem proven and hungry for success while still improving.

The kid has 10 years at the top,100m or so will look a bargain....just as it has done with Grealish.

Saying all that,I don't think we'll get him....but I'd snap him up if at all possible.

If no Jude then would LOVE Rice here and if the hammers do indeed want Phillips then it’s such an easy transfer to sort imo. The only issue I still see is Rice went to the arse, rags, Bayern etc then he’s a guaranteed starter? I imagine pep would play Rice further forward (which I think he could do by the way) but this would only happen if Bernardo left? He seems an absolutely brilliant bloke as well so would no doubt fit well in the dressing room and know a load of the lads.

If no Jude then would LOVE Rice here and if the hammers do indeed want Phillips then it’s such an easy transfer to sort imo. The only issue I still see is Rice went to the arse, rags, Bayern etc then he’s a guaranteed starter? I imagine pep would play Rice further forward (which I think he could do by the way) but this would only happen if Bernardo left? He seems an absolutely brilliant bloke as well so would no doubt fit well in the dressing room and know a load of the lads.
Phillips and Bernardo going, Kovacic and Rice coming in? It’s a great transition. Also move down Phil and sign a right winger.

Phillips and Bernardo going, Kovacic and Rice coming in? It’s a great transition. Also move down Phil and sign a right winger.

I think a winger only comes in if Mahrez goes mate? Gotta be careful not having too many top class players otherwise if will cause unrest in the squad and can affect the rhythm of the team chopping and changing all the time? Not a coincidence imo that our form improved and we went on that running run when pep stuck with a preferred 11 most weeks

I think a winger only comes in if Mahrez goes mate? Gotta be careful not having too many top class players otherwise if will cause unrest in the squad and can affect the rhythm of the team chopping and changing all the time? Not a coincidence imo that our form improved and we went on that running run when pep stuck with a preferred 11 most weeks
A right winger is probably on the cards regardless. Palmer probably going. And if they are planning to use Phil centrally more, there is a depth issue out there.

But if Bernardo goes, the winger option is probably on the cards. If everyone stays, no need.

A right winger is probably on the cards regardless. Palmer probably going. And if they are planning to use Phil centrally more, there is a depth issue out there.

But if Bernardo goes, the winger option is probably on the cards. If everyone stays, no need.

West Ham also wanted Palmer?

Although he plays as DM for West Ham, I think he's more than that, more a box to box type.

Whilst he could fill in the Rodri role, I suspect he'd be more likely to play alongside him like Gundogan, Bernardo or even KdB have done. He's clearly not them in terms of ability, but then neither is Bellingham and I'm not sure who there would be that would be a direct replacement for what we've had. As we've seen, even within the season, Pep likes to evolve the way we play and Bellingham would clearly require a change to the system, in which case Rice could be an alternative for Bellingham and whatever role Pep saw him playing. I'd be happy with either.

I've been quite down on him for a few years because he was very limited for the prices floated, but I think the conference league run has shown another side to his game that's started to come out in the PL as well. Much more box to box, much more of a goal threat. Becoming captain seems to have made him more adventurous too.

I'd still have reservations for the prices mentioned but nothing major.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.