Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
we dont need rice if we continue with the formation/tactics of pushing centre halve/fullbacks into midfield...Stones, Rico Lewis and Rodri have that DM position covered between the 3 of them and Rice for me is an average player who we will over pay for purely cause he is English.

If we ignore the cost/price he is still an average player with no stand out qualities that any other players already dont have.

As a squad player he would be ok cover playing against the lesser teams.....

Would it worry me if he went to a competitor in the league of CL - no
I think you're spot on mate.

It's incredible to now think that when Pep joined, he made the full backs one of the most important positions on the pitch. I can imagine in a couple of years we won't have them as they move into midfield. It's absolutely visionary and I bet other managers dread his new ideas!

Rice is going to cost an absolute fortune and I've never seen him play well against us. Just for balance, I've seen some players against us who've had very good games but Rice isn't one. Personally, I think I'm more scared of Antonio and Bowen at West Ham than Rice. I'm happy for him to have plenty of the ball and for England he's looked very "meh" and well behind Phillips and Bellingham.

Honestly, if Liverpool lined up with Rice and Mac Allister in midfield next season I'd not be arsed one bit. I still think the Scousers are out rivals next year. If he wasn't English, I don't think we'd have the fuss over him.

Yeh me need someone new to clean the bogs so Odegaard will slot in nicely. Not fit to lace KDBs boots. Never will be.

De Bruyne will be 32 by the time next season starts. He is getting to that age where the decline begins. Every footballer to have ever played commences a gradual decline in their thirties.

Unless you have de-aging potion, KDB as a high level functioning footballer has not long left. And yes, this is true. Unless you think KDB will be the first sportsman in history to defy the biological trend of sportspeople levelling off once they go past 30.

It doesnt matter if Odegaard will ever be as good as KDB, the fact is in two years time when KDB is 34 and Odegaard is 26, the likelihood of Odegaard being the more effective player is extremely high.

Opinions and all. But I don't think John is a better midfielder. Just plays on a better and more expensive team.

Rice has better vision, better technique, and his way more comfortable in tight areas. All factor that will make him look exponentially better in a City side.
Cant agree on any of that bar vision. Stones is a much more accomplished footballer than rice in every department.

whenever ive seen Rice he hides from the ball in tight areas. Id hate to see him playing some of the passes we play along the back line from midfield.

Rice is a good player but hed be an 80 million back up. doesnt make sense for him or us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.